• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

800+HP Gomez Brothers independent rear Ultra4 car

Seen it on Instagram, really cool build even if it looks a little goofy chassis wise. It flat out works

It is neat and different, but what is the advantage of the rear setup the way this one is vs. A centered diff?

whiskeymakin said:
It is neat and different, but what is the advantage of the rear setup the way this one is vs. A centered diff?

The same reason most comp crawlers run offset rear diff is because being located that far out, it articulates with the tire more than a centered diff, leaving it less likely to hang up on ****. That is on top of needing it in that location for mid engine and rear engine driveline layouts.

Re: Re: 800+HP Gomez Brothers independent rear Ultra4 car

Stretch said:
The same reason most comp crawlers run offset rear diff is because being located that far out, it articulates with the tire more than a centered diff, leaving it less likely to hang up on ****. That is on top of needing it in that location for mid engine and rear engine driveline layouts.
X2, but obviously makes tuning more interesting. Apparently they figured it out given their KOH performance.

It also allows for the A-arm pivots to be closer together without issues of plunge. This allows the arms to be longer and get more travel.

Great build for sure the technology with Ultra4 is mind boggling to me, great job by UFO

Re:

That is the only glorified RZR I would drive. I imagine with seat time and more tuning time, these guys start making it to the podium.

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk

Ok now I want to see a more in depth video or series of pics of that rear end setup. Quite possibly the best part of Ultra4 is the crazy stuff they dream up.

clemsonjeep said:
Ok now I want to see a more in depth video or series of pics of that rear end setup. Quite possibly the best part of Ultra4 is the crazy stuff they dream up.

and built in a "2 car garage" :dblthumb:

I want to see what they had to move out to build it in? :dunno:

jp fan said:
Great build for sure the money with Ultra4 is mind boggling to me, great job by UFO

I fixed that for ya :flipoff1: UFO had some great pics of it coming together on Instagram. Very cool **** , and as mentioned previously the came out with a new car, new design and did really well in the race. Props all around

I do wish we had more photos up close of the rear. It is still hard to comprehend all the moving parts for sure.

Attachments

• 16406814_1455830984450264_7113405643688551184_n.jpg
    16406814_1455830984450264_7113405643688551184_n.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 120