• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

95 F-350 Shackle reversal, Anyone done it??

DHR Motorsports

I would like to do the shackle reversal on my f-350 and was wondering if anyone has done it on here??
Did you build your own or buy the kit??
$500 seems steep for all that the kit contains.
Any shortcuts or advice on what to do/not to do??

Thanks,
Darren

yea i have done 3 of them and two were from sky and one i made nice kits im in longview also right on ob hwy with all the lifted and lowerd trucks my wife used to have the 77 jeep cherokee chief green

ill thorow it in for you for a good deal
:awesomework:

Why is it $500???

On a Chevy you just use front hangers for the rear springs in place of the rear shackle hangers... Really simple... And free...:redneck:

I'm betting you could do it the same way... If you leave the hanger in the same spot, you'll need longer springs to get a decent shackle angle...

You can buy longer shackles as well, but I just built mine...

Gives you between a 4-6" lift with stock springs and no blocks...

I built my own Zero Rates as well, but didn't end up using them... Waiting to see if the springs start to sag...

Why is it $500???

On a Chevy you just use front hangers for the rear springs in place of the rear shackle hangers... Really simple... And free...:redneck:

I'm betting you could do it the same way... If you leave the hanger in the same spot, you'll need longer springs to get a decent shackle angle...

You can buy longer shackles as well, but I just built mine...

Gives you between a 4-6" lift with stock springs and no blocks...

I built my own Zero Rates as well, but didn't end up using them... Waiting to see if the springs start to sag...

Pretty sure they are talking about on the front end, and you are talking about on the rear end...