• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

95 YJ Seatbelt Advice

I run two belts. Factory belts are mounted in the factory positions, and then my 5 pt harnesses are mounted to the cage with tabs. Typically, when I'm off road, I only use the lap belts unless I feel like I (or my passenger at least) needs the shoulder harnesses, but they're there if needed. When I'm on the street, I just use the factory belts.

As far as your belts that you got... if they're designed to be bolted to the stock belt locations, and they're simply too short for use when used like that, then bolt 'em in and take them down to Oly4x4 and show them. Make them take the belts back, raise hell if you have to. If they're selling you something based on what "should" fit, and then it doesn't... well that's BS.

Measure out about how much longer your belts need to be to be comfortable, add a couple inches for adjustment, then tell them to order belts that are that length when adjusted all the way out, no matter what the application is.

I run two belts. Factory belts are mounted in the factory positions, and then my 5 pt harnesses are mounted to the cage with tabs. Typically, when I'm off road, I only use the lap belts unless I feel like I (or my passenger at least) needs the shoulder harnesses, but they're there if needed. When I'm on the street, I just use the factory belts.

As far as your belts that you got... if they're designed to be bolted to the stock belt locations, and they're simply too short for use when used like that, then bolt 'em in and take them down to Oly4x4 and show them. Make them take the belts back, raise hell if you have to. If they're selling you something based on what "should" fit, and then it doesn't... well that's BS.

Measure out about how much longer your belts need to be to be comfortable, add a couple inches for adjustment, then tell them to order belts that are that length when adjusted all the way out, no matter what the application is.

Messix booty fabbed up something at crusty's for me last night!

4wd Hardware sells lap only retractor belts that bolt into the stock location, they work well and fit my large body, under 40.00 per seat. I have been using them for over a year. :awesomework: