• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

97 powestroke issues

Started easy and idled nice for 5-10mins before I tried to test drive. Even after idling for 10mins it restarted good. Got 200yds up he road cel came on and lost power, still running just very weak. Since its a 5speed I clutched and switched key off. After everything went to zero I switched key on and dumped clutch firing it back up immediately and running good for half a mile then cel come on and died. This time it would not restart with the key, only cranked over. Brother came to tow me back so after a little ways I decided to pop start it while rolling fired up and ran fine. Got almost back home under its own power, cel came on and died again within site of drive. He hooked up again and it pop started quickly again. Eased into drive running smooth, revved good so I switched it off. Now it turns over good and acts as if it wants to start but no go on in own.

New parts

Fresh oil less than 10miles
Ipr
Valve cover gaskets
Under valve cover harnesses
Glow plugs

Checked/swapped with known good
cam sensor
Idm

Im at a loss and looking for a good diesel mechanic locally. If ya know of one close to Corinth Mississippi let me know.

Still searching for answers. Mechanic says it has low hpop after warm but will still idle, cranks great cold. Changed cps, ipr, icp, new glow plugs, fresh oil change, fuel filter is new, month old fuel pump. I need it up and going.

Sounds like a bad hpop, are u leaking any oil in the galley? Sounds like something is expanding when its warm and losing pressure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zjman said:
Sounds like a bad hpop, are u leaking any oil in the galley? Sounds like something is expanding when its warm and losing pressure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have not found any leaks. The hpop was changed with a used one I had, but im not ruling it out.

After driving around almost 2 months the conclusion was a bad hpop. It pulls hard and strong. It black smokes alot compared to before, not sure what is causing this . Will be removing or gutting the resonator(converter) in hopes of gaining a few mpg and a little more power.