• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

99 denali wont start

Knok2222

:mad: Ive been fighting this damn thing for a month now and im getting pissed. Hoping someone here might know what i need to do, *cough* crash *cough*
early last month i drove to work in the morning like I do every day and when i went to drive home my damn truck wouldnt start. It would crank over and fire for a second then nothing. When turn off and on again it would do the same thing, but if i keep cranking on it steady, never fires again. Of course im familiar with there fuel pump issues after 100K miles so I did that, along with cap/rotor and fuel filter. funny thing is after i put the cap and rotor on the first day, (cheapest thing to try first) it started up and ran fine till i went to pick up my daughter then wouldnt start for about 5 min. then randomly did, so i drove it home and it never started again. Put the fuel pump in and it started right up. Thought for sure i had it licked. Took the boat out on the bay all day then to the lake afterword and then wouldnt start again when i went to leave back to home. sat there and kicked the damn thing for a while then randomly started again. Now im home and put a fuel filter in, but still wont start anymore after it sat a while.
I have noticed the damn security light on the dash staying on and then going off randomly latley. I also know there is a sensor in the tumbler assembly that can cause it not to run and trip that light when it goes bad. But will that disable the starter all together or give me my problem????
Either way im tired of this damn truck already, perhaps i need to buy some pressure gauges and start diagnosing :masturbanana[1]:

Security light on while cranking? Yes, they will crank over but not start---sounds an awful lot like the security system is on the fritz.....yet another fairly common issue with this era of vehicle...

Security light on while cranking? Yes, they will crank over but not start---sounds an awful lot like the security system is on the fritz.....yet another fairly common issue with this era of vehicle...

:corn: Ive heard of the pass lock sensor going on the fritz and causing intermitent(SP) problems. whats the labor on that bad boy?

DO you have access to a code reader? If you if there is a security isue you will usually get a p16 something if its a security issue.. But yes its very possable thats what you are facing a security deal if it starts/dies and the security lamp come son or flashes

I have access to the genisis machine, but our software is limited. I can do the global OBDII stuff and get stored codes and clear them as well. would this issue show up there?

:mad: wouldnt you know it I woke up thismorning and the damn thing fired right up. took it to work and figured it wouldnt start by lunch, WRONG, started again, then after work it fired up again. HOW can I retrieve codes from the ecm if it doesnt malfunction!!!! Brought the Genisis home tonight to try it again, but it keeps starting. First time ive been pissed that it was running right. I think this damn truck hates me, so I think ima burn it and hope the damn insurance pays it off.:flipoff:

Latest posts