• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

A 406 and a turbo 350. Cam and stall suggestions

I just built a new motor for a c10 with an old school sbc that I am finishing up, I called Lunati and had a 20 minute conversation about hydraulic rollers and certain aspects of LS engines. I ended up with a hydraulic roller with .560" of lift that comes in at 1900 and red lines at 6,200. I have not driven it down the road yet (I still have to bleed the brakes) but this thing rips like crazy. If I was to build another motor for a buggy this style cam would be in it. Pure grunt with very good vacuum and a rumble for an idle. I put the same convertor that I had in my last Rockwell rig, a b&m holeshot 2,400, I love these convertors they do very well on the trails.

A cam like mine would make a propane motor scream, the thing that limits them (propane motors)is getting the air in the motor through the little throttle body, this cam opens the valve faster keeps it open longer, that would allow you to get a lot more charge in the cylinders that a normal hydraulic or solid can would. And I was talking about an old school sbc, you just have to ask for a retro fit cam.