• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

A&E Suspends Phil Robertson

1300zuk said:
So let me get this straight, weird bearded super christian redneck from the south turns out to not be a fan of gay people. :eek:

Has a public image he has to live up to due to his job, says hateful things about people that don't have any affect on his life. Employer fires him for saying things he should have not said. I'm pretty sure i would get fired if i said something that would damage the image of the company i work for (in a publication).

And now everyone thinks the employer is wrong because they are not standing behind a guy who can't keep his mouth shut about issues that may/will damage their image or profits :wtflol:

Last time i checked the 1st amendment didn't protect your job.

I really didn't think there were any non heteros on hardline... guess I was wrong.

Congratulations 1300zuk for coming out of the closet on a public forum, good for you :****:

muddinmetal said:
I really didn't think there were any non heteros on hardline... guess I was wrong.

Congratulations 1300zuk for coming out of the closet on a public forum, good for you :****:

Come on dude get out from under your rock, Just because someone has a different or more open view than you doesn't mean they are a fruit

Freedom of speech doesn't mean **** to an employer

Re: Re: Re: A&E Suspends Phil Robertson

TacomaJD said:
I think it's all a publicity stunt. I figure he'll be on "hiatus" for enough time to get this stirred up real good, then back filming with them, and when the new season comes out, he'll be in every episode like nothing ever happened....except for the hype being amped up even that much more.

That's what I want to think anyway.......what I don't want to think, is how morally twisted our country is becoming. I just hate a damn queer. :popcorn:

....exactly as I previously predicted.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/12/27/duck-dynasty-to-resume-filming-with-phil-robertson-ae-announces/

1300zuk said:
So let me get this straight, weird bearded super christian redneck from the south turns out to not be a fan of gay people. :eek:

Has a public image he has to live up to due to his job, says hateful things about people that don't have any affect on his life. Employer fires him for saying things he should have not said. I'm pretty sure i would get fired if i said something that would damage the image of the company i work for (in a publication).

And now everyone thinks the employer is wrong because they are not standing behind a guy who can't keep his mouth shut about issues that may/will damage their image or profits :wtflol:

Last time i checked the 1st amendment didn't protect your job.

What I don't get is why so many people say that it's "hate." Phil is a conservative who believes in god. He believes that homosexuality is a sin because the bible states it as so and because of his beliefs, he cannot condone that lifestyle as acceptable. I just don't understand how a difference of opinion or religious belief is automatically translated to "they're hateful" by so many. Evidently if you disagree with someone in today's day and age your hateful.. makes no sense

Re: Re: Re: A&E Suspends Phil Robertson

tallnate said:
What I don't get is why so many people say that it's "hate." Phil is a conservative who believes in god. He believes that homosexuality is a sin because the bible states it as so and because of his beliefs, he cannot condone that lifestyle as acceptable. I just don't understand how a difference of opinion or religious belief is automatically translated to "they're hateful" by so many. Evidently if you disagree with someone in today's day and age your hateful.. makes no sense

Word on the street is that the gay community wasn't even offended by what he said. Mostly because none of them watch or give a **** about the show or research any of the cast member's lives enough to come across what they say in little interviews like this on the web or in magazines.

It was simply a publicity stunt, like I said. They aren't stupid. The media is very predictable and stirring up this little stink did exactly as they perceived it would.

Re: Re: A&E Suspends Phil Robertson

What i don't understand is why anyone would get "offended" by what any other person says or believes.

Who gives a ****!

Re: Re: Re: Re: A&E Suspends Phil Robertson

TBItoy said:
What i don't understand is why anyone would get "offended" by what any other person says or believes.

Who gives a ****!

EXACTLY! Of all the things I came here to do, give a **** is definitely not one of them.

Re: Re: A&E Suspends Phil Robertson

TBItoy said:

Because the liberal left will not be happy until they control every aspect of your life. They will control what you think and in this case, what you say. ****, that's what obamercare is all about, controlling what you do. Anything the central government pays for; they will control. They start with seatbelts, cigarettes and how fat you are and end up preventing you from driving a convertible or motorcycle. Its all about control and taking your wealth to buy themselves votes.