• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

A LESSON LEARNED!

My question is...did you not see their work beforehand? That makes you partly to blame IMO, I would never let someone I didn't know work on my stuff if I wasn't familiar with their work. Who knows the victim here might've seen their work and thought it was good until someone else pointed it out. Either way it's a bad situation.

ROCKRAWL said:
My question is...did you not see their work beforehand? That makes you partly to blame IMO, I would never let someone I didn't know work on my stuff if I wasn't familiar with their work. Who knows the victim here might've seen their work and thought it was good until someone else pointed it out. Either way it's a bad situation.
The buggy was delivered to his house when he was out of town .

James we are truly sorry about all of this and were sorry ur not happy with everything performed . With this being said we have agreed to issue a full refund of $1600 . We want anyone that does business with us in anyway to be happy whether its work or something purchased from us. James if will accept the refund just text me the info for ur PayPal and I will send u the funds

buggy68 said:
James we are truly sorry about all of this and were sorry ur not happy with everything performed . With this being said we have agreed to issue a full refund of $1600 . We want anyone that does business with us in anyway to be happy whether its work or something purchased from us. James if will accept the refund just text me the info for ur PayPal and I will send u the funds

Good choice. Too bad you didn't come to your senses a little sooner.

:dblthumb: As a small business owner myself, I think you made the right decision. Next time,hopefully not one,just handle it quicker. Reputation is everything in self employ/small business... :)

Re: Re: Re: A LESSON LEARNED!

ROCKRAWL said:

Blame the victim.

"well she was wearing a short skirt, she was obviously asking to be raped"

Wtf

Re: Re: Re: A LESSON LEARNED!

TBItoy said:
Blame the victim.

"well she was wearing a short skirt, she was obviously asking to be raped"

Wtf

No, it's just a wise thing to do. It's not like he dropped it off at Coleworx or jimmy smith or any other fabricator that already have a great reputation. I mean... how did he even find those guys? I'm not sure but I doubt they have an ad in the vendors section. I'm not defending them. Just wondering why he wasn't more careful that's all

buggy68 said:

Brice and I have came to an agreement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ROCKRAWL said:
No, it's just a wise thing to do. It's not like he dropped it off at Coleworx or jimmy smith or any other fabricator that already have a great reputation. I mean... how did he even find those guys? I'm not sure but I doubt they have an ad in the vendors section. I'm not defending them. Just wondering why he wasn't more careful that's all

Your comparing apples to gold bricks

I did enough research to please my original decision.

Obviously you didn't comprehend the thread title.

Ive kept quiet on this one butt you almost have to look at this from another stand point also, that workmanship is not by any means top notch, but when you go looking for someone to do a **** ton of work for not much money what do you really expect? Youre not going to get wide open design quality work for 1,600 bucks. And to let someone finish the work and take it and drop it off at your house without you looking at it is kind of retarded.I understand that he was out of town, but he should have waited and went and checked it out before the deal was done. And before this gets taken the wrong way I wouldn't have accepted the work either, but I wouldn't have expected much better for that kind of money. Most people don't realize how much time it does take to do this stuff the right way, so those people are unrealistic in what it should cost.

Elliott said:
Ive kept quiet on this one butt you almost have to look at this from another stand point also, that workmanship is not by any means top notch, but when you go looking for someone to do a **** ton of work for not much money what do you really expect? Youre not going to get wide open design quality work for 1,600 bucks. And to let someone finish the work and take it and drop it off at your house without you looking at it is kind of retarded.I understand that he was out of town, but he should have waited and went and checked it out before the deal was done. And before this gets taken the wrong way I wouldn't have accepted the work either, but I wouldn't have expected much better for that kind of money. Most people don't realize how much time it does take to do this stuff the right way, so those people are unrealistic in what it should cost.

I don't know about you but I don't think any of that hack work should have cost OP anything. Who in there right mind would seriously consider charging a fee to perform this crap?

Glad these guys are stepping up and reimbursing OP the $1,600. To bad OP has to pay more now to have all the hack **** redone. It's going to suck plasmaing that **** off and costly.

Elliott said:

Elliot

Read again. You missed so much.

hjpcummins said:
Your comparing apples to gold bricks

I did enough research to please my original decision.

Obviously you didn't comprehend the thread title.

Laying down solid welds and cutting some body panels out on a Ftoy chassis isn't that difficult. So your apples to gold bricks reference doesn't make much sense. Just be thNkful you made such a poor decision and you're getting your money back. Good luck next time.

Wow...

Your comparing a established fully outfitted offroad shop to a small shop trying to make a living at what they enjoy.

I don't have unlimited funds to spend with some of the best shops in the business.

With the little bit of money I did have I hired a what I thought to be a up and coming shop. But I was wrong. Ther for " a lesson learned"

FYI. $1600 was the starting point for the original scope of work.
Which was never even reached

Please if you feel the need to comment read every page correctly.