• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

A lil Something

crash2

-Oh no I picked a side-
Here are some pics of the latest prodject....

matt1.jpg

matt2.jpg

matt3.jpg

matt4.jpg

:D

you need a live cam in the shop, i'm so bored... i've been watching non stop.

damn near bout to weld me a go cart! :D

again, nice work mike, tight fit's / looking straight. I likely... :corn:

You have definately honed your skills Mike. That is a nice job. About time for a new cage for my truck.:cool:

$20 says you've already looked under the hula girls skirt.....:stirpot:

Nice work though. Hope I can get my Toy cage through the dash like that.

Thats a sweet mod. How do you get her to stand there in one space for so long? Its probably pretty cold in there at night also, you should get her a jacket. And by the way nice cage.

What the heck is that sticker on the windshield supposed to be?!?! :wtf: Looks like someone in a headlock about to get his neck broken. :haha:

Nice work, but quick question.

Why isn't anyone making the cages above the windshield? I made mine that way to prevent total windshied destruction in a rollover and also it increases the overall headroom without having to bend the overhead spreaders.

KarlVP said:

Why isn't anyone making the cages above the windshield? I made mine that way to prevent total windshied destruction in a rollover and also it increases the overall headroom without having to bend the overhead spreaders.

Factory hard & soft top functionality.

KarlVP said:

As brad said--for hard top/soft top usage.. And why make tha cage that tall? Anything above the windshield itself is a waist IMO. If you roll over the windshield is just part of it--what about the side body panels/side windows ect...

Bending the spreaders searves 2 purposes--yes headroom but ti makes for a stronger cage since for the spreader to fail it has to exstend which causes the force's to be pushed against the a/b/c pillars. You will never see me run a straight spreader..

crash said:
Anything above the windshield itself is a waist IMO. If you roll over the windshield is just part of it--what about the side body panels/side windows ect...

I disagree with this point, but to each his own.

crash said:
Bending the spreaders searves 2 purposes--yes headroom but ti makes for a stronger cage since for the spreader to fail it has to exstend which causes the force's to be pushed against the a/b/c pillars. You will never see me run a straight spreader..

Never thought of that, good info for next time. :cool:

skrause said:
What the heck is that sticker on the windshield supposed to be?!?! :wtf: Looks like someone in a headlock about to get his neck broken. :haha:

You answered your own question...

crash said:
Bending the spreaders serves 2 purposes--yes headroom but ti makes for a stronger cage since for the spreader to fail it has to exstend which causes the force's to be pushed against the a/b/c pillars. You will never see me run a straight spreader..
Not if it fails sideways, from a hard roll. Since the spreader is already partly bent, the A/B/C pillars' force inwards could collapse it, whereas a straight bar wouldnt do that IMO. Am I way far off base here?

I guess if there was a hard roll, anything would be better than nothing, and I'm sure theres downsides to any design, one way or the other.

In any case, I like the look of the bent spreaders and would probably do them in my own truck, the work looks really good too. Is there a special tool for making those dimples in the tube where you have hardware mounted? Or did you just tighten the crap out of it? Or, do you dimple it and sleeve it? It seems that the dimples would make for a weak spot? I dunno, Im a newbie :)

~T.J.

Last edited:
84Toyota4x4 said:
In any case, I like the look of the bent spreaders and would probably do them in my own truck, the work looks really good too. Is there a special tool for making those dimples in the tube where you have hardware mounted? Or did you just tighten the crap out of it? Or, do you dimple it and sleeve it? It seems that the dimples would make for a weak spot? I dunno, Im a newbie :)

~T.J.

Im sure there is a special tool for making those dimples.

But that is the factory B and C pillars with Crash's added A pillar. Basically everything B pillar and back is factory.