• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

A must read

im not trying to call this guy a liar, but these ARENT the conditions on the kaner trail 676. i was on it this last weekend, ran it all the way down and not in the mazda on 37's. none of the holes were at all mud, just holding water. we were lead by this jeep
17820395296.jpg
and he had no problem at all. the only problem i saw was bypasses where they werent needed because people werent prepared. like a tree across the trail. just because big rigs are on the trail, or because certain times of the year trails are sloppy or holes are deep, doesnt mean its ruined. oh yeah dont forget to take a saw, you are going to the mountains.

MonsterMazda said:
the only problem i saw was bypasses where they werent needed because people werent prepared. like a tree across the trail. just because big rigs are on the trail, or because certain times of the year trails are sloppy or holes are deep, doesnt mean its ruined. oh yeah dont forget to take a saw, you are going to the mountains.

Excellent post I agree with you 100%.

benw said:
Excellent post I agree with you 100%.
I second this i was up there memorial weekend looked same as last year to me the trail was tor up but its always tore up that time of year its sloppy gak every where just the way we like it.
________
herbal vaporizer

Last edited:
I agree with you Mike, I have been in the past and now with a new rig to get out there I will be again.

The story read is why I shake my head at a lot of rigs being built today for competing but rarely do. Nothing against buggies here so lets not get a flame war going on here. But a few of the rigs out there I have seen don't belong on the trails, just the rocks. That is my own opinion and I am not going to argue that on here, but in person I would be glad to.

Dude said:
a few of the rigs out there I have seen don't belong on the trails, just the rocks. That is my own opinion and I am not going to argue that on here, but in person I would be glad to.
That's a loosing argument you have there.:;

Binder said:
That's a loosing argument you have there.:;

I know, I'm out numbered by a lot Rick. Trust me, if I did a buggy it would stay on a 38 and call it good, but at the same time I would be were it was designed for and have another rig for trail. Spendy yes, that's why I don't have a buggy.

Now you see were I am coming from? It's not worth arguing over, it is my own opinion and that's it. :; :beer:

archer1965 said:
, then record their license #/rig description and turn their sorry asses in.

This will get you nothing....4th weekend I had about a hour long chat with a local (Kittitas) sheriff about this very subject. The way he explained it to me was this kind of behavior is a misdemeanor. This has to either be witnessed by the LEO or you have to get absolute proof of that person doing this. Your basically going to need a picture or the act with the persons face and license number all clearly in the picture. He said your more than likely going to have to get them to tell you their name too.:rolleyes: I know, a lot of hoops but it's doable. First off use a video camera. Second off approach them like your impressed with what they are doing and reach out to shake their hand and introduce yourself. Hopefully they will reply with a name. then take the film and name to the LEO's.:;

Dude said:
I know, I'm out numbered by a lot Rick. Trust me, if I did a buggy it would stay on a 38 and call it good, but at the same time I would be were it was designed for and have another rig for trail. Spendy yes, that's why I don't have a buggy.

Now you see were I am coming from? It's not worth arguing over, it is my own opinion and that's it. :; :beer:

So why is it that a buggy can't be designed for the trail? Have you ever looked closely at mine?

Binder said:
So why is it that a buggy can't be designed for the trail? Have you ever looked closely at mine?

I have never looked at yours in person, plus I am a not an all open rig kind of guy when the winter months hit.

Look at Kashes rig, which I know you have, that is an extreme trial rig but can also hang with the buggies. That kind of rig I could live with, but now with out a house, tow rig, and trailer. I am pretty much staying a DD/trail rig. I am done with bills and I won't be buying another rig ever with out paying cash.

Like I said, I have nothing wrong with buggies, so quit sucking me in. :flipoff: :haha: damn you man, you must know me a little. :haha:

I'm out. :beer: :cool: