• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

A New Kinder Gentler Hardline

Woodlee said:
I'm glad to hear this. I will chime in on this subject from a builders point of view that has been around for a long time.

Pirate was built on tech and build threads. It was great back in the day when every one would put up a build thread and talk about what was going on with the build. The tech that came from the at home guys all the way up to the best builders in the industry was priceless. You could go there and always see a cool project going on. I have been going to pirate on a weekly basis and checking the general 4x4 discussion board out for over ten years. I love when guys post up cool builds with a lot of pictures. It pushed me to see what others in the industry are doing and I got a lot of great ideas there.

All of the build threads have stopped though. A lot of people say its because of face book made it so easy to post a pic right up from your phone. I say its because you don't have a few self proclaimed experts getting together on every picture bashing what your doing. Every time there is a build thread it seems like it turns out in a builder defending his project. There is no friendly conversation between to guys trying to better the project. Think back to how many times that you have seen " If they didn't want every ones opinion on the subject then why did they post it on a message board?" I'll tell you why guys post their builds on the internet. It's because they want to feel good about the hard work that they have put into a build. They have spent countless hours and dollars on building their project and they are looking for a pat on the back. It honestly is what keeps some guys going on a build when times get tough. Believe me when I say times always get tough with every build. A comment of good job goes a long way. Just like the comment of that looks like crap and will never work goes a long way too.

If you guys want to see this board get back to some good tech then start treating the screen names like real people. If you don't then this board will become just another place for gossip and stories about about what is going on. Instead of the guys that are out there doing some thing getting on here and letting every one in to what they are doing. Pirate used to be up to date on every thing that happens in the wheeling community because people decided to post it there. Now they don't post it there or here because they don't want to be ridiculed for it.

Dave Cole mentioned it his his press conference about the Randy Slawson incident. The past year it has turned into more back stabbing and hate that any other time in our sport. We have all got to make this stop. Wheeling is all about fun and fun isn't filled with drama. I personally am going to make it a big point to have more fun this year.

Lets get this board and the entire wheeling community back on track to having fun and supporting one another.
well said

Ok so I was going to stay out of this thread because I enjoy a good pot stirring as much as anyone but last night I made a sarcastic remark on one of my best friend's build threads. It was somewhat of an inside joke and something he would have found hilarious. Today, it is gone? Is that seriously how this is going to go? If so maybe we can all hang out, hold hands, and talk about Obama, kittens and gay marriage. LAME

http://www.hardlinecrawlers.com/forums/index.php?topic=13575.50

Lol. ...

I came to hardline because I thought people here had a lil tougher skin. Guess someone must be getting a tax cut in the new fiscal year for a "beautification act" or something.

I figured if you don't say jackass stuff...don't price stuff like a jackass ....you won't be perceived as a jackass.

Maybe I need to start buying extra stock in Kleenex.

Sorry...I've never been offended by anything here. If I didn't like what I was reading I'd jus close it and read something else.

redneckengineered said:
Ok so I was going to stay out of this thread because I enjoy a good pot stirring as much as anyone but last night I made a sarcastic remark on one of my best friend's build threads. It was somewhat of an inside joke and something he would have found hilarious. Today, it is gone? Is that seriously how this is going to go? If so maybe we can all hang out, hold hands, and talk about Obama, kittens and gay marriage. LAME

When you're doing a mass and hurried cleanup of the house a few things you want will get thrown away accidentally. I wouldn't take it too personal. This is about removing the bully personalities. If someone gets pissed about the cleanup they may be part of the problem.

tonybolton said:
Lol. ...

I came to hardline because I thought people here had a lil tougher skin. Guess someone must be getting a tax cut in the new fiscal year for a "beautification act" or something.

I figured if you don't say jackass stuff...don't price stuff like a jackass ....you won't be perceived as a jackass.

Maybe I need to start buying extra stock in Kleenex.

Sorry...I've never been offended by anything here. If I didn't like what I was reading I'd jus close it and read something else.

You probably need to find another forum.

redneckengineered said:

I did and probably should not have. I was deleting a lot of older posts at the time. Sorry 'bout that. I put it back.

What about giving the thread creator a button that allows them to delete a post on a thread they created?? Similar to the edit button that lets you edit your post. Let them govern their own threads and delete what they want and keep what they want. Then if you (johng) still think it goes against what you think is over the line, come in and use your administrator power to delete.

AW10 said:
What about giving the thread creator a button that allows them to delete a post on a thread they created?? Similar to the edit button that lets you edit your post. Let them govern their own threads and delete what they want and keep what they want. Then if you (johng) still think it goes against what you think is over the line, come in and use your administrator power to delete.

Terrible idea.

AW10 said:

LMFAO! Traffic to Hardline would be non existent within a week

redneckengineered said:
LMFAO! Traffic to Hardline would be non existent within a week

You were the person I had in mind. I figured if your friend could take care of it he would have left it alone and John would figure he was OK with the remark and understood it was a funny joke. Would also save John a lot of time. Similar to self governing states... but **** me what do I know.

AW10 said:
You were the person I had in mind. I figured if your friend could take care of it he would have left it alone and John would figure he was OK with the remark and understood it was a funny joke. Would also save John a lot of time. Similar to self governing states... but **** me what do I know.

I think a better option but similar in thinking would be to only intervene when the person referred to in the post (not necessarily the OP) reports the posts. Put more emphasis on the "report to moderator" button.

I've got thick skin, nothing bothers me, but I'm offended that I've been edited. Kind of an oxymoron.

Latest posts