• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

A New Kinder Gentler Hardline

John Galbreath Jr.

38 Special & Solo Buggy
I am frankly tired of all the site has gotten like Pirate talk. Brad M. started a discussion on Facebook about it and got me thinking about it again. He and other responders on Facebook are absolutely correct. It is true, the hate is bad here, and I am not innocent either. I have tried to "steer" this site more recently than in its entire existence. I have removed the Barnyard and Reputation threads. Deleted a few of my posts. I have cleaned up the F-Bomb for sale thread. I am on a mission to stop the trolls. I am simply going to delete the comment and mark it "Deleted by Admin". If you notice several of your posts done this way, then you are part of the problem. The hate has got to stop. It is killing this forum. Many of my friends do not frequent here anymore, and if they do they decide not to post. For Sale threads are just that, not a place to hassle the seller.

I cannot read every thread here, so please use the "Report To Moderator" link at the bottom of a post if it requires attention.

Looking for input, especially from the guy that have been here over 5 years.

Comments?

I think it'll only be better for the site and the four wheeling community as a whole. I'll make sure to watch my posts.

Agree 100%. I never visit that other site anymore because of the attitude that runs wild.

2010 Jim's Garage 4429
2012 Jim's Garage YJ
2013 Wide Open Design WFO

People shouldn't have to worry about getting flamed for what they say on here. If someone is asking for opinions that's what people give. Just because someone has a different opinion doesn't make it wrong.

I feel like almost everything in the for sale thread is waaaay over priced, but i bite my tongue. Sometimes it's really hard not to say something. I don't think ive ever called anyone out on hardline, but I do say stuff on pirate. Thanks John, I really enjoy 90% of this forum. Some of these guys are friggin hilarious. Keep it up

John it's awsome you're continuing to keep HL in the right direction. Some of the post that come off as harsh are probably friends giving each other crap for fun and some are just people that enjoy bashing. One option I've seen help is a section where people that enjoy the trash talk can use that is clearly labeled as such.

You do a great job with the site so keep on keeping on.

well said John.

keep up the good work and continue showing the passion necessary to make a difference. :smoke:

I'm glad to hear this. I will chime in on this subject from a builders point of view that has been around for a long time.

Pirate was built on tech and build threads. It was great back in the day when every one would put up a build thread and talk about what was going on with the build. The tech that came from the at home guys all the way up to the best builders in the industry was priceless. You could go there and always see a cool project going on. I have been going to pirate on a weekly basis and checking the general 4x4 discussion board out for over ten years. I love when guys post up cool builds with a lot of pictures. It pushed me to see what others in the industry are doing and I got a lot of great ideas there.

All of the build threads have stopped though. A lot of people say its because of face book made it so easy to post a pic right up from your phone. I say its because you don't have a few self proclaimed experts getting together on every picture bashing what your doing. Every time there is a build thread it seems like it turns out in a builder defending his project. There is no friendly conversation between to guys trying to better the project. Think back to how many times that you have seen " If they didn't want every ones opinion on the subject then why did they post it on a message board?" I'll tell you why guys post their builds on the internet. It's because they want to feel good about the hard work that they have put into a build. They have spent countless hours and dollars on building their project and they are looking for a pat on the back. It honestly is what keeps some guys going on a build when times get tough. Believe me when I say times always get tough with every build. A comment of good job goes a long way. Just like the comment of that looks like crap and will never work goes a long way too.

If you guys want to see this board get back to some good tech then start treating the screen names like real people. If you don't then this board will become just another place for gossip and stories about about what is going on. Instead of the guys that are out there doing some thing getting on here and letting every one in to what they are doing. Pirate used to be up to date on every thing that happens in the wheeling community because people decided to post it there. Now they don't post it there or here because they don't want to be ridiculed for it.

Dave Cole mentioned it his his press conference about the Randy Slawson incident. The past year it has turned into more back stabbing and hate that any other time in our sport. We have all got to make this stop. Wheeling is all about fun and fun isn't filled with drama. I personally am going to make it a big point to have more fun this year.

Lets get this board and the entire wheeling community back on track to having fun and supporting one another.

Woodlee said:
I'm glad to hear this. I will chime in on this subject from a builders point of view that has been around for a long time.

Pirate was built on tech and build threads. It was great back in the day when every one would put up a build thread and talk about what was going on with the build. The tech that came from the at home guys all the way up to the best builders in the industry was priceless. You could go there and always see a cool project going on. I have been going to pirate on a weekly basis and checking the general 4x4 discussion board out for over ten years. I love when guys post up cool builds with a lot of pictures. It pushed me to see what others in the industry are doing and I got a lot of great ideas there.

All of the build threads have stopped though. A lot of people say its because of face book made it so easy to post a pic right up from your phone. I say its because you don't have a few self proclaimed experts getting together on every picture bashing what your doing. Every time there is a build thread it seems like it turns out in a builder defending his project. There is no friendly conversation between to guys trying to better the project. Think back to how many times that you have seen " If they didn't want every ones opinion on the subject then why did they post it on a message board?" I'll tell you why guys post their builds on the internet. It's because they want to feel good about the hard work that they have put into a build. They have spent countless hours and dollars on building their project and they are looking for a pat on the back. It honestly is what keeps some guys going on a build when times get tough. Believe me when I say times always get tough with every build. A comment of good job goes a long way. Just like the comment of that looks like crap and will never work goes a long way too.

If you guys want to see this board get back to some good tech then start treating the screen names like real people. If you don't then this board will become just another place for gossip and stories about about what is going on. Instead of the guys that are out there doing some thing getting on here and letting every one in to what they are doing. Pirate used to be up to date on every thing that happens in the wheeling community because people decided to post it there. Now they don't post it there or here because they don't want to be ridiculed for it.

Dave Cole mentioned it his his press conference about the Randy Slawson incident. The past year it has turned into more back stabbing and hate that any other time in our sport. We have all got to make this stop. Wheeling is all about fun and fun isn't filled with drama. I personally am going to make it a big point to have more fun this year.

Lets get this board and the entire wheeling community back on track to having fun and supporting one another.

This is hitting the nail on the head.

I'm glad these changes are being made. Bashing someone's build when you don't know the builder is like walking up to a stranger and telling them they're ugly. Hell, they went out in public looking that way so they should expect to be told right? Whether or not your mama told you your opinion matters, sometimes it's just good manners to hush.
I've started a very non-traditional build that a lot of folks would dig but I'll wait to post pictures until it's completed and running because of the "it-can't-be-done" crowd sucking the air out of the room. My signature says it all.