• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

A New Kinder Gentler Hardline

I am nobody. Especially on this forum. But well said Adam!! If you want to see how bad this forum as gotten in just the last two years look at WOD last two rigs. BJ Allen's and Richie Keith's rigs. Thanks john G. And thanks everybody for backing off on the 35% stuff to. I have never seen anything like that on the trails.
Over and out.

I joke around ALL THE TIME.. That being said, I really hope that no one has ever got their feelings hurt from anything I posted. Sheesh. To say this is like pirate, is absolutely the farthest thing from the truth. I very rarely see anyone on here be a **** unless someone like that F bomb comes on and calls The group as a whole a bunch of assholes. I mean what does he expect? How often do yAll see someone ask a question and 15 people say "search asshole" or The gayest term in the world "is it Tuesday yet". I can answer that, NEVER. I agree and I understand what you were doing and saying here Mr John .... But It's kind of bullshit to hear anyone say this site is anything like pirate. c'mon now.. I see new people asking questions every day and I've never seen the word search.. As a matter of fact I see nothing but people trying to help others... And that's what it's all about.. Hell That's what got me hooked on Hardline. I know I can always ask just about anything and get good advice from a bunch of good people that are not smart asses. But those of us that do bullshit around with Each other a lot, I guess could come across as lil meanies to someone with thin skin :dunno: seeing as I'm joking around all the time, I too will absolutely 100% watch my mouth and limit my post.. , to more serious ones .. I guess. :dunno: geez the last thing I would want was to be joking around with someone, and them start a Facebook page about how the site is like pirate. Goodness, Hard for me to believe that a man would do that. I respect anything that's asked from you Mr John... Here's an idea for anyone that thinks it's like pirate , pick ANY question or topic that has been brought up here and post it on pirate and see if its anything like pirate. I Believe that they will change their way of thinking very quickly. I just DO NOT agree with that statement, not at all. Light-years from pirate, but I do get what you're saying. Anyways, I guess it's all buisness from this guy from now on. So if anyone sees me cutting up or getting out of line with my joking around comments feel free to let me know, as I am easily influenced. :****:

kushKrawlin said:
I joke around ALL THE TIME.. That being said, I really hope that no one has ever got their feelings hurt from anything I posted. Sheesh. To say this is like pirate, is absolutely the farthest thing from the truth. I very rarely see anyone on here be a **** unless someone like that F bomb comes on and calls The group as a whole a bunch of assholes. I mean what does he expect? How often do yAll see someone ask a question and 15 people say "search asshole" or The gayest term in the world "is it Tuesday yet". I can answer that, NEVER. I agree and I understand what you were doing and saying here Mr John .... But It's kind of bullshit to hear anyone say this site is anything like pirate. c'mon now.. I see new people asking questions every day and I've never seen the word search.. As a matter of fact I see nothing but people trying to help others... And that's what it's all about.. Hell That's what got me hooked on Hardline. I know I can always ask just about anything and get good advice from a bunch of good people that are not smart asses. But those of us that do bullshit around with Each other a lot, I guess could come across as lil meanies to someone with thin skin :dunno: seeing as I'm joking around all the time, I too will absolutely 100% watch my mouth and limit my post.. , to more serious ones .. I guess. :dunno: geez the last thing I would want was to be joking around with someone, and them start a Facebook page about how the site is like pirate. Goodness, Hard for me to believe that a man would do that. I respect anything that's asked from you Mr John... Here's an idea for anyone that thinks it's like pirate , pick ANY question or topic that has been brought up here and post it on pirate and see if its anything like pirate. I Believe that they will change their way of thinking very quickly. I just DO NOT agree with that statement, not at all. Light-years from pirate, but I do get what you're saying. Anyways, I guess it's al0 buisness from this guy from now on. So if anyone sees me cutting up or getting out of line with my joking around comments feel free to let me know, as I am easily influenced. :****:
It's a lot easier to prevent it from becoming Pirate now than it would be to turn Pirate into Hardline so I can understand why he would want to come out and say something now before it just spirals out of control.

I can be guilty of being a **** from time to time. Feel free to modify my posts as you see fit. I will also try and keep it to light hearted banter with folks I know IRL.

More tech and builds. Please everyone that wants to see this forum stay around post your builds and upgrades. Even if you think it is Insignificant post up, it could help someone who is just starting out. ( I have the worst build thread on here, but I still try to contribute. I had nearly 2000 views before getting a comment.
It may sound stupid but even I "thumbs up" or even a "you should do this instead of that" comment can be very motivating to a new builder. )

Other wise spread the word to people who could help or don't know about this forum. I try to get two shops in Birmingham to post every time I go in.

Less 35% should be a no brainer. If it's keeping people off that may be beneficial, why have it? You can litterly find it anywhere on the Internet. Do we have to have it on a off road forum?

I only get to be home 2 month out of the year so for 80% of the year this is my only fix to the off-road community. Thanks guys.
Thanks John for trying to better this forum. :dblthumb:

Edit: Kush I understand what you are saying,I feel the same, but you have also came and fit in very easily because of your sence of humor and actually building a wheeler that people like. You should have a build thread, I know people would check it out. ( the way you rolled your fenders would have been worth a thread)
However while talking to people, I know that people on this forum would enjoy hearing from, (builders that own shops and big names in the bouncer crowd) I have heard them personally say " it's just a little pirate with a bunch of people who don't actually wheel" I would like to change that image.

Re:

I detest pirate for what it has became. I actually did not renew my subscription with them this year for the first time in years. I do not want HL to become that but I also dislike idiots posting stupid stupid stuff or not following the rules and then getting angry when they get lit up, there has to be a balance. I support your decision to clean it up some John.

zukimaster said:
Please don't take away the butted women! :flipoff1:

I don't have an issue with the 35%. It is well marked. It does not fall over to other threads. Some of the most looked at threads on here.

And there are rules:

No penetration
No dicks.

Now, I have removed some it the past that were simply in poor taste.

kushKrawlin said:
I joke around ALL THE TIME...... . But those of us that do bullshit around with Each other a lot, I guess could come across as lil meanies to someone with thin skin :dunno: seeing as I'm joking around all the time, I too will absolutely 100% watch my mouth and limit my post.. , to more serious ones .. I guess. :dunno:

I am not asking to stop with the personal jokes and jabs. Not the friendly ones. But, the jabs that hurt, or bully is what will not be allowed. Not really sure I can explain this well, but as it plays out, I think people will get the idea.

---------

I thought this was funny from a Goole search on myself. From 1997, before forums, when we used UseNet to communicate.

John Galbreath Jr.
5/2/97

They need to start their own newgroup. rec.sport.holier.than.thou

If they don't like this group, then they should go play in another
sandbox. I like this group. I read it every day and have now for
several months. There is a lot of information here. Bickering and "my
boat is better than yours" is going to happen. It does not matter if we
are "bench racing" in the shop, at the lake, in the ocean, or on this
newsgroup, or even at the race track, it's all the same and "my whatever
is better than yours" is simply human nature.

Opinions are like assholes, everyones got one.

Soap box mode off.

PS: And my boat IS better that yours!! :-D

--------

Very well said Mr. Woodlee, and thank you John for righting the ship before it got too bad. I know I've been guilty, but I will make an effort to do better.

I really only know a handful of people on this board, but it is my favorite forum by far. I check it multiple times throughout the day, much more than any other forum.

When I joined here I was too intimidated to post up my build thread, because I'm a garage hack at best. But I eventually broke down and posted it here. All the comments and positive input have kept me from throwing in the towel several times. I look forward to the day that I can get my buggy done and meet some of you guys on the trail.

Now, off to update my build thread...

I know a lot of people that I wheel with will not post rigs and what not for sale on here because of the bashing, I think we all lose when that happens

I'm Josh Hartzell and I despise huge, blinding engine cages. There, I feel better, won't mention it again. This thread made me instantly think of this song :dblthumb:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VIVMSnPVXfI

Makes sense to me.
Kinda why I suggested a few months ago for folks to come from behind the screen name and put their real names in their sig line. Make it more personal, which is how I make it anyway. Look at my avatar, I don't say nothing on here that I wouldn't put on a poster at a ride.

dwa2469 said:
I know a lot of people that I wheel with will not post rigs and what not for sale on here because of the bashing, I think we all lose when that happens

That's funny, because I ONLY post things for sale here.

Because I don't want to deal with Craiglist and GOLSN idiots!

Of course I don't think my **** is made of gold, and if someone does have something to say about it, I'm capable of using reason to explain why I have something priced the way I do.... Without crying and getting stampy feet