• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Abandoned Cherokee removal from the Busywild

The trip went good. The Cherokee was cut up mostly with a sawzall. About 90% of the parts have been removed, all that is left is the engine block and part of the rear floor with the gastank. Two fullsize Chevys and two Toyotas did the hauling. Don has pictures. If anyone is running the trail and has room, please take the other parts, and drop them off at the parking area, that would be greatly appriciated. Thanks for everyones help!

:bananadance: :011: :rockon: :awesomework: :hi:

Last edited:
It was a group effort, i'm glad 10 other people showed up to help, without them that trash would still be on the trail. I would like to know the true, full story on why this Jeep was left there. Does anyone know?
:corn:

Last edited:
It was a group effort, i'm glad 10 other people showed up to help, without them that trash would still be on the trail. I would like to know the true, full story on why this Jeep was left there. Does anyone know? :corn:

if it is the cherokee i think it is, i was there the day they left it. i wasnt with thier group. if i remeber right, it was left for somthing as stupid as a bent tierod. they left it right in the middle of the trail. some other wheelers used the winch on the cherokee to move out of the way killing thier battery. i ran into them trying to get a few days later and the story i got was, they came back with a tierod and the wheels/tires were gone. they came back with wheels/tires and the battery was gone. it basicly was getting raped quicker than they could get come up with the replacement parts, until they gave up. bad on them for leaving it to begin with in the middle of the trail. bad on the people who stole thier parts making it that much harder to extract. now i dont know about the buyer/seller story. this is just what i remember.

btw, when they left it they wrote a note in the mud on the side window saying that it needed parts and they were coming back to get it.

ok the true story i heard from the owner " i met him up in evens creeks last winter" he's kind of a renob if you ask me but what he told me was that it was his and they went in and broke both front axle shafts, he said it was locked...... and then i think he said a rear u-joint or something and just left it there and told all of his buddys that they could have what they wanted off of it, the last i saw it it was down a hill.

The guys that helped out in the two Toyotas want to go back on Sunday to haul out the other pieces. Does anyone else want to run the Busywild?

I will know a meeting time on Friday. These guys usually meet at the Lions clubhouse parkinglot 10:30.