• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

about to do a efi swap

toyotalandman

I'm about to put a 87 runner injection system into a 79 pickup i will swap the whole harness if i have too but i would like to do the least amount of work as possible so i was wanting to know if anyone have done this swap before and an offer a short cut thanks

being a 79 does it have the 20r or the 22r...? because that could mean alot in the swap.

No difference in the shop weather it had a 20r/22r as long as the whole motor is being replaced....

As is it will have to be a 84-up block anyways to do the swap..

No difference in the shop weather it had a 20r/22r as long as the whole motor is being replaced....

As is it will have to be a 84-up block anyways to do the swap..

The position of the motor mounts are the same? For some reason I thought they were a little different.

Ive never had to modify any mounts on any of the swaps I have done.
when i swapped the 302 in my 85, i got a used adapter, and mounts. both used in an IFS yota.
the mount holes didnt line up, and i had to drill new ones an 1" or so further back.

I had to use the motor mounts from the 88 when I put it in my 81. Only the mounts on the block not the frame.

when i swapped the 302 in my 85, i got a used adapter, and mounts. both used in an IFS yota.
the mount holes didnt line up, and i had to drill new ones an 1" or so further back.

Thats a V8 swap for you. Nothing bolts in on those lol.

here is the plan

I plan to use the old harness for all the lights, and the heater. I will swap steering colume because the 2wd one i got don't have a u-joint and the wiring will match on that. Someone posted a link on here i can use to splice the gauges back together. The sending unit i will have to swap out nothin to that. It sould be easy the pull the efi harness through the engine bay to underneath the dash. The down side i will have two fuse boxes, put power to the old harness and clean that up. That is the plan if anyone a better plan or advice i would love to here it. I got the new harness out, the new truck dash is all takin apart.

Latest posts