• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Active wheeling or no rig/ working on a project?

How many active wheelers?

• Total voters

poolman

Just curious, how many you folks actually wheel, who doesn't? I totally understand the whole money thing, but I think some of you don't have a rig and don't intend to ever get one. So what's your interest in this forum if so? Free country just wondering.

I had a nice crawler but had the chance to buy a farm so I am out for a bit . But have plans to get back in but money is tight now . So I just bum rides till I get a second chance .

Re:

chopperdonk said:
I wheel, I just have a little yj on 35s. But wheel about ever weekend.

And that 100% counts. It doesn't take stickies and tons to wheel. Anyone that hits a trail is wheeling/ trail riding whatever, all the same :dblthumb:

I used to wheel then sold out to buy land now I borrow my dads buggy sometimes but stay just above a negative balance in my account most of the time so I don't get to much! Half regrets :-\

My last wheeling trip in my own rig was in 2011...

I broke both driveshafts at the same time, on my birthday. Got it home and took it apart to start my current rig that's currently 2 years past the intended finish date.

I wheel a good bit and have a few guys that I ride with that do a lot of riding as well but it seems like all of us don't get on here much maybe there is some sort of correlation :dunno:

Re: Re:

poolman said:
And that 100% counts. It doesn't take stickies and tons to wheel. Anyone that hits a trail is wheeling/ trail riding whatever, all the same :dblthumb:
Yep I've had bigger rigs but honestly. Have just as much fun in this one. And get to wheel a lot more often.

Re: Active wheeling or no rig/ working on a project?

Had jeeps and Toyotas up until 2013 when I switched to RZRs. I've had an 800 S and now a 1000. Honestly I'd probably rather have another Jeep, but I have limited storage at my current house. Try to ride at least once a month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I go thru spurts of going often then get out for awhile. Kinda in a out stage at the moment. I've just been going to events to watch. Need to go pretty soon cause I'm getting the itch again.

I only have a Jeep on 31's but it's locked up and built pretty reliable and simple. I've used quality parts and upgraded, but used parts that are commom and easy to find. Example is I added chromoly axle shafts all around but stayed with stock spline counts. So in the event of a minor break a stock shaft is easy to find and I don't have a odd ball size.

I also drive it everywhere I go. Never been trailered. This includes 2 trips to Easter Jeep Safari for 10 days each and a week in Las Cruces, New Mexico. Wheeled middle of the road trails with most Jeeps on 35's and 37's and went nearly everywhere they did. Nothing hardcore but not bunny trails either.

I try to wheel at least once a month..

take it out, find a weak link, upgrade, learn how to fix stuff and repeat.. I have had mine for close to 5 years now, had a rzr before that and have always had at least 1 4wheeler, if the truck is down and I wanna ride I take the Honda

actually taking both out tomorrow thumb.gif

have a Toyota with all the Toyota goodies and of course stickys! gotta have stickys ....

Re:

Don't get to ride as much I wished, to many other irons in the fire, when do ride it with jccarter1 and others. I think out the bunch we ride with we are the only ones that mainly post on here.

Re:

With the new addition to the family 3 months ago we have not been riding as much as we would like. Both the wife and I have rigs with a bouncer in progress. Locally we ride twice a month when the rigs are not down for maintenance. I hope to be a riding at least once a month non local. Living at the beach complicates matters.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk