• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Active wheeling or no rig/ working on a project?

How many active wheelers?

• Total voters
I bought my ride a few months back and went on my first ride Memorial Day weekend. Had a blast and broke some stuff. Lack of knowledge makes repairs extremely slow. I'm also redoing all the wiring and having a hard time finding an engine harness. Hope to ride at least 1 more time before winter hits but if not I'll be ready next season.

Re: Active wheeling or no rig/ working on a project?

I sold my last rig to help put the wife through grad school. Currently I'm rigless. But, I keep an eye out for a good deal for a future project. Also, I'm addicted to the sport. So I settle for watching videos and Rc crawlers.

The Luke. Lebanon, TN

Re: Active wheeling or no rig/ working on a project?

From here in N. FL we have to drive a good bit to see some real action so its limited. Before October of last year I rode local trails at least once a month and wheeled in parks 2-3 times per year. Since then I pulled the 4.0 and driveline, all wiring, electronics, dash, and all interior to do a build up on my 2001 TJ. Hurt my back in November. Just now getting to where I can do work on it again. Hope to be rolling with the GM driveline, new electrics and new interior before fall of this year.

I try to wheel once a month. Usually hit the local places which are 2 and 3 hours away for me. The last few years my brother and I try to get a crew together to hit a distant 3 or 4 day trip about twice a year. Our trip this year was for the GrayRock Ride. My XJ was a little bit of an embarrassment for the terrain down there! Broke the rear driveshaft at the top of Bents and Dents. Replaced it and broke again first obstacle the second day. I'm building a CJ5 now while I wheel the XJ. My wife has a RZR 800 and loves to wheel as much as I do. I'm very fortunate for that. At least until we have kids.

I wheel when family,work,and life in general don't get in the way. I used to wheel a couple times a month and try to get a couple trips in a year but in the last 18 months I've worked 6-7 days a week so I'm due for some woods therapy. Hopefully when the buggy gets dun I'll be able to get some seat time. Ive still got a yj on tons but it hasn't been out since gray rock.

Wheeled 7-10 times a year until my Son was born... I've been twice in the last year & a half, but plan on hitting Stoney July the 11th & getting back in the groove

I try to go at least once a month, twice a month when I'm not doing other things. I work 3 day wknds every other wknd so sometimes it's all I do for a month or more.
I like to travel when wheeling, really don't have much choice living where I do. I wheeled in 8 different states last yr from PA to AL to UT and places in between. With that said I just parked my buggy for the next 8wks or so, it's too fuggin hot to wheel right now! I'll be on or near water for a while.

I am the king of projects. I've only wheeled my own junk a few times in the last couple years, but find/bum rides.

I am working on getting funds to finish my red buggy. Once it is together, I will be out wheeling twice a month or cutting trails once and wheeling once a month.

I have been focused on family for the last few years and now look to start bringing part of the family along. My daughter enjoys riding, even when sick and barfing. My boy could ride for days. My wife likes looking at leaves and will watch/film others on the big trails.

Once or twice a month for myself. Try to make 3 or 4 bigger trips a year. My soon to be wife is usually my co-dawg so she has no problem making time to get out.

Active wheeler. Wheeling friends change. Each year a different crowd. I try to be good to everyone on the trail. Help out when needed. I offer up my empty seat every time I go. I usually limit my trips to 3 hours from the house. I always have friends riding , building or breaking.. It's all good ! I used to trail ride on some Saturdays just to watch others and help. But I have limited that due to funds, I don't have the extra $ to pay all the park rates and daily wheeling costs {,fuel, food ,ect.} To spend my day helping others.
I used to like to do that. It was relaxing for me. Fun to meet new friends. So this year I have limited my trips to planned trips with friends..
Just remember. You don't have to tear it up to gave a good time. Get a low dollar trail rig and hang out in the woods!! Swim in a creek !! Have fun !!!
SEE YA ON THE TRAILS !!!

I have what is essentially my dream buggy. It hasn't been out in over a year, and I don't foresee it being used in the foreseeable future. Sucks, but my free time is nothing w tge wife and kids gymnastics schedules. Someday I may get to use it, or sell it, or just let it rot. Hell, half the wear on my stickies has come from the driveway and road next to my house. :****:

I go through spells, in a dry spell I still try to ride something few times a month. That's one advantage I see in four wheeler and rzr, you can ride any time you get ready. I had what was my dream buggy at the time and it was real reliable, but due to something that came up few years ago I sold out. I've still got a trail jeep, but if get off work on Tuesday and feel like taking a ride it's easier to take something smaller. I've gathered parts and considered starting a project, but for now I'm going to stay where I am.

Re:

Currently without a rig but looking forward to one hopefully in the next year or two if things keep going as well as they are with my new job. Why a year or two well pay off some debts, build back my tools, get a truck and trailer for work and play purposes. Then once that's secure and the funds are free it's crawler time. I will try to buy a Mustang GT or C4 Corvette to drive when not working and for fun and fuel efficiency. I sometimes just want something sporty to whip around the mountain roads.