• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Active wheeling or no rig/ working on a project?

How many active wheelers?

• Total voters
Who knows what I'll be driving on any particular trip, but I would def. consider myself an active wheeler. Driver since 2003. Active wheeler passenger since I was born. Came home from the hospital in a cj7 With car seat sitting on the console. :JRich:

Re:

I wheel a tj rubi on those axles with stickie 37'. Of course shafts are upgraded, and I try to go once a month.

Also got the bright idea to build a 4400 car which I'm in the middle of now.

Also I'm sure as others, I'd go more often if I had a place closer. Closest "wheeling" park that isn't just mud closed a couple years ago. Now its a several hour drive to anything decent.

Goal is to wheel the buggy at least once a month. Building an 8 lug xj for my girlfriend now, so we can wheel that while I build another buggy. I ALWAYS have something I am doing at the shop, but I'm glad to have a second rig to take out because I hate missing out on wheelin.

al1tonyota said:
I used to wheel then sold out to buy land now I borrow my dads buggy sometimes but stay just above a negative balance in my account most of the time so I don't get to much! Half regrets :-\
This was your buggy for awhile wasn't it?
maxresdefault.jpg

Got a stockish 97 tj on 35s. Wheel it as often as possible, and when not possible the kids are hollering "lets ride up the road".

I'm an active wheeler. I have the ranger in my avatar and have a buggy being chassis being built right now. I wheel less during the summer but quite a bit during spring winter and fall. Can't wait for the buggy to be finished.

Was a passenger for a lil over 3 years while building my truggy. Wheeled it last spring/summer/fall, blew it up and traded it for the Exploder. Haven't wheeled it yet (except for snow wheelin') because of the job in the shop and working 50 hours a week. But the customer's rig is done on my end, and I'm ready to wheel! Just gotta get the tow pig motor swapped out!

Currently finishing up a rig, but wheel fairly often when my rig is going. Last year I wheeled 1 local park( new, trying it out), Hot springs once, Holy cross, Carnage canyon and Indy in CO and Clayton, OK once. Hoping to do more when I get finished up. My interest in this board is people of like minds (those that have minds...lol), I come here for the general bull, tech and to look at the classifieds.

I like to gas it a little whenever possible. I've had all kinds of junk over the years but always have something to ride whether it's a rzr or rig.

if I've had a long day, sometimes I just jump in the rzr after work and climb some hills or go fast by myself.

Right now I've got an Rzr and a buggy but get more use and fun out of the rzr

I used to be a wheelin fool (wheeled more than most people spend at work) :dblthumb: I decided to retire this rig before it runs out of lives and have a nice classic rig that's not molested too much. So I have been working on a beater juggy project for about 8 years now (mostly just the last 3) THEN, decided I was going to build a tube chassis that would be a hybrid east coast Bouncer style buggy made to serve double duty crawling in the mountains of the west. (why I started spending time here initially) That idea ran out of gas when I decided to start acting like an adult....Now, that decision and playing family and, well... I sing that tune that I would hear dudes cry my whole life while I just laughed...I do more trail scouting than I do wheelin :-X

Active wheeler. I ride locally twice a month. EGarner, joho75287, and MNA0121 on here are wheeling buddies of mine. We make a few trips a year as schedules allow...hope to be more soon. Living on the Gulf Coast we get used to traveling to get good wheeling. We been all over from Oklahoma and most places east.

Hopefully TTC for me next year :dblthumb:

Re:

I wanna wheel at some of the bigger parks. But everyone quit wheeling I wheeled with. Don't know a lot of people that wheel smaller rigs.

I've built/bought a few rigs. I sold my Sammy a few years ago because I was out of work. Now I'm just a broke ass waiting for the chance to buy another.

I ride a lot around the house here and ride usually 1-2 times a month. Lately all my spare time has been spent with family and building a new shop. I only wheel a old CJ on 38's but it has lots of good parts and very reliable. I really enjoy getting out in the hills and being with people that has the same likes

Not sure what category I fit in. 10 years ago I rode at least twice a month, got married and built a house that slowed me down to once a month. Now with 2 kids, one being sick this year I haven't been to a park in 2 years. I still get the cab truck out of the shop and ride aound the farm a few times a year. Pic of truck is my shown in avatar.

I try to ride once a month with about 4 multiple day rides a year, but the older I get the less I like to ride if its sloppy :****:

Used to try to wheel every Saturday. Then the wife bought us a boat and we've only been in the woods twice in the
last couple months. Plan on starting back in the fall.