• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Aetna Mountain

H

HotRodpayton

Is it closed. I read that it's closed. Anybody know anything about it. Always wanted to go ride there. And where is it at?

Wouldn't suprize me. What I heard was something about there's a gate that you've gotta pay to get in--not the entrance everyone used that was in a high end neighborhood.

blacksheep10 said:
**** I've never been there, but on the hillclimb thread they talked like it was closed for the hunting season, then when its wheelin season, you pay an annual fee and get a key ???

ah ok well old entrance is closed then if they are talking about the Key thing... They were talking about it because we roll up into a neighborhood with $400k+ homes being built and park trailers in an empty lot to run the trails.. laughing1

I live 10 minuites from Aetna. Havent been up in a few months since my jeep isnt ready yet and seems like all my riding buddys are working crazy schedules now. A guy or I think it may be 2 guys bought I think close to 2,000 acres out there a while back and last time i went to check on the road a few months ago at the high end subdivision side yall are talking about they had just started working on the road.

They said they are supposed to be building a new road up the mtn. Its really scetchy out there anyway because they have been to court many times over trying to close the road which was ruled in court to be left open because its a right of way from my understanding. This guy that just bought all the acerage out there also tried to gate the road back in the summer and he had two huge metal post concreted in the ground just as you went off the pavement into the gravels (the gravel road here is where everybody used to park). He had put up a sign stating to please be off the mtn at a date and the time.

Well the date and time he had posted the news was there and talking to him and a angry landowner thats has fought very hard to keep the road open. Anyways gate didnt go up and they said there wouldnt be a gate there but they are going to have to do something to keep the offroaders from degrading his land. I read a while back that he has a sign there now asking people to please stop using the mtn for recrectional use because its a construction site and its private property and the road is open but all land adjacent to it is private land now.

A few people told me last week its still open and nobody as far as they know of has been bothered about riding out there. Now there is the "We Rock" lease and Im on it. It brings you out right at the peanut butter hole. Theres also a nice creekbed on this lease and they have really started to make the lease nice this past year with camping spots and such. Now the hunting lease yall are probally talking about is the one that has the wall on it over by the pond. I dont know anybody that has been bothered when they ride through it when it isnt hunting season but when its hunting season they get pretty mad and the game warden usually hangs out over there pretty heavy. There isnt anything to ride on that lease anymore because its pretty much flattened out over there now... just the wall and the pond.

There is another hunting club out there but I dont think its the one yall are talking about because its kinda on the other side of the mtn and the only thinf thats over there is the old wall and the playground out in front of it. Thats another crazy deal on that lease though. Its a county road but was abandanded (**** I cant spell) some years ago and the hunting club has put a gate up on it too. The lock is always unlocked but it looks locked till you look closer. Aetna is just a crazy place so its kinda good going with someone that lives there close or knows where to go and where not to go. Hope help yall a lil better

I read on Pirate4x4 that someone has connections and can pay 50.00 a year to ride out there. You would have to search for this but if I remember correctly he had been a member for of Pirate4x4 for a while. I know there is 2 ways in and think he was bringing people in the back way. I have never been and would like to go.

caglezxj said:
I read on Pirate4x4 that someone has connections and can pay 50.00 a year to ride out there. You would have to search for this but if I remember correctly he had been a member for of Pirate4x4 for a while. I know there is 2 ways in and think he was bringing people in the back way. I have never been and would like to go.
Redneckengineered may chime in. He is a aetna local. Ive never heard of the $50 thing and if there ever was anything like that it must have been a long time ago. May have been the "we rock" lease when it got started but havent ever heard about that. The we rock lease is really just a safe place to park / camp / ride the creekbed and an access way to get on the mtn. Then they had the skyjackers rocks tennessee ride out there in the early 2000's and that may have been $50 to ride in that. It's always been free to ride out there just gotta know where the riding places are. I used to be up there every weekend till I tore the jeep down for the one ton build

Going to Aetna has always been sketchy..I used to ride 4wheelers up there and we were constantly getting harrassed. I used to work in Stevenson AL. and half the folks you talked to would say that is was open and the other would say not to go up there because of getting ticketed for various things. Like the other guy said, if ya go up there ya better go with someone that is from that area... :dunno:...That sucks too cause its an AWSOME place to wheel...

I heard is was $50 or $100 to get a key to the gate, but I have heard it is very sketchy out there with all the entrances and exits and surrounding land. I have heard the creekbed is lots of fun

Matt O. said:
I heard is was $50 or $100 to get a key to the gate, but I have heard it is very sketchy out there with all the entrances and exits and surrounding land. I have heard the creekbed is lots of fun

It is $100, I had a key last year. But, I never used it due to everyone in your group is supposed to also have a key. I did not renew this yeart.

Aetna is Awesome, if anyone is going, let me know, I go there all the time. It is less than half mile from Interstate 24 just outside of Chattanooga.
I live in Dalton Ga. which is about 30 minutes south from the trail. We can usually get a good set of buggies up for any ride at Aetna, Nathan, Bobby Welch and several others live very closes as well. Bring your nut sacks with you because these hills aint for pussies, and those boys talk you into **** you normally wouldnt do. loller.gif

The lease keys are $200 now. Jerry Perkins bought the land back around May/June this year. i was lucky enough to get my key for $100 since the keys go up for the new year lease in april so there was a few folks that had about a month to get the keys for that price before Jerry bought the land. Since he has bought the land he has done ALOT of work, cleared out more land for parking, added camping spots and other stuff and just really cleaned this place up since the previous years. Yes the creekbed is a great place to ride I've just been up it once and i was with someone then. They have a website they just got together- http://www.werockaetna.socialgo.com/ - so check it out and if anybody has any questions I'll do my best to answer them or help yall out