• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Age old toyota questions.

chainsaw

I dont know crap about Toyotas, but my amigos got a 95ish 4 runner, the engime was rebuilt last year but the guy that did it reused the old timing chain which of course broke. I can get the truck for a song, is it worth rebuilding and selling/driving?

It's a 3.slow if you can get it REALLY cheap and part it out cool if not drop a 3.4 out of a later model toy and you'll have a good rig.

wrong fish, I was waiting for the trash fish to bite. :;

Never heard of a 95 runner with a 22re just the 3.ohshititdiedagain. Sure it was available in some markets but I'm not aware of it being here. I made the ASSumption of the V6 based on the admitted lack of knowledge about toyotas of the OP and the common ASSumption that all rigs have timing chains.

Never heard of a 95 runner with a 22re just the 3.ohshititdiedagain. Sure it was available in some markets but I'm not aware of it being here. I made the ASSumption of the V6 based on the admitted lack of knowledge about toyotas of the OP and the common ASSumption that all rigs have timing chains.

i have a 95 runner with a 22re in it??? since when are the not available here??:corn:

Part it, i could use the fenders and hood!!! :redneck:
Problem with blown timing belt is the heads like to go right after. if you replace one you gotta do the other also.
I unfortuantely have the 3.slow in my truck but it came from the factory compleetly rebuilt after the whole head gasket issue. It runs very strong, can do 70 over snoqualmie with 37's and 5.29's but i know its gunna take a **** on me in the future. But then its 3.4 time!!!

i have a 95 runner with a 22re in it??? since when are the not available here??:corn:

Didn't say it wasn't available but that I am unaware of it being available here that late in the generation. I know it was semi common up until 92 but I didn't think they were after that. Chalk that up to me learning something. :D

They (95 22RE's) are avail, albeit a rare option, as Toyota flooded the market with 3.slo's in this era...They had to get rid of 'em somehow!:haha:

They (95 22RE's) are avail, albeit a rare option, as Toyota flooded the market with 3.slo's in this era...They had to get rid of 'em somehow!:haha:

No doubt and with their increased weight (4runners) I can't imagine they were popular either. A good friend just picked up a 92 22re auto runner with a full time t case... Yea its fast :haha:

Part it, i could use the fenders and hood!!! :redneck:
Problem with blown timing belt is the heads like to go right after. if you replace one you gotta do the other also.
I unfortuantely have the 3.slow in my truck but it came from the factory compleetly rebuilt after the whole head gasket issue. It runs very strong, can do 70 over snoqualmie with 37's and 5.29's but i know its gunna take a **** on me in the future. But then its 3.4 time!!!

Your on. How much you wanna give me? :D

Think Im gonna pick this up next week, who wants parts?:corn:

Latest posts