• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Air Pressure

slidillon

I have 33x12.50 BFG AT's on 15x8 rims with no beadlocks. What PSI should I air down to for wheelin? Will this vary depending on the terrain?

Yes it will vary.

Lot of people will run less air in the snow.

I had 35's on 10" rims, and ran them at 8 psi no problems, but some of that will depend on fast you like to wheel.

10 psi is a common number

10 to 15 for all around wheeling is good as low as 2-4 for the snow. When down low though try not to spin your tires as its real easy to pop a bead.(spin the wheel in the tire) Also when your aired down its much easier to pop a bead if you hit the sidewall with something (roots, rocks, ruts) be prepared to be able to reseat a bead if needed.

Same situation here. I go to 10 for general wheeling and 5 for snow.

I have run the rears at 1 psi in the snow, but I wouldn't do that for the fronts due to the steering and tires coming off the beads.

PS BFG at's ROCK in the snow.

10 to 12 Psi

single digit pressure is a no no even with locks as it is murder on the steel belts in the tire.

As a web wheeler I feel know need to air down as a yota guy I only air down so the jeeps can keep up with me :redneck:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal
I've run my 315/75/16's on 16x8" wheels at 8 PSI without a problem. Never has my keyboard lost a bead, and my mouse never falls off the pad.

Thanks for the input! I wasn't sure how low I could go before I really started risking popping a bead. I stayed safe last time out and kept it at 22. I'll give 14 a try and see how that goes.

KarlVP said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cal
I've run my 315/75/16's on 16x8" wheels at 8 PSI without a problem. Never has my keyboard lost a bead, and my mouse never falls off the pad.

I've lost more Beads than A drunk Indian making a necklace :haha:

Latest posts