• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Air shock charge kit

Rasnick08 said:
Thanks.. What's the typical Max psi

The more psi you put in it, the higher it's gonna sit.....which is not what you want. Ideally you want no more than 4-6" of shaft showing on air shocks at ride height. And you charge air shocks with the shocks fully extended. I have no idea what's in mine, but you could probably start with around 300-350ish in them, then sit it down and see how the ride height is. If it's too high, burp some of the nitrogen out of the shrader valve with a screw driver or something. It doesn't take much to let a lot out, so just barely burp them both as equally as you can, then push down on the front or rear end to settle the suspension, and repeat if it's still too high. If it's too low, charge the shocks again with a higher psi and start over.

Rasnick08 said:
You guys are great more than answered my questions... :JRich:

I know how much of a bitch it is when learning about air shocks, so I'm always willing to help with info any way possible.

Re:

09zkrankin said:
The guy I buy all my welding gas off of told me he could set me up a kit with a bottle, 600psi guage, and fill hose for about $100
your getting a hell of a deal. little bity gas bottle is 90 bucks

TBItoy said:
I prefer using a regular air chuck compared to a no loss.

The no loss chuck won't work on my old fox shocks anyway. The shrader valve is too deep and the pin won't hit

Every regulator may be different, but it takes a good bit more than 200 psi on my regulater guage to reach 200 on my fill guage at the shock

Same here. I got a 400 psi regulator and it wouldn't charge my shocks to 325. Had to go to a 600 psi kit.

Re: Re:

socsmm6 said:
your getting a hell of a deal. little bity gas bottle is 90 bucks
Well turns out that he couldn't get the regulator because it was backordered, so I ended up ordering a kit off of ebay, it was $150 for 600psi regulator, 8' fill hose and nal air chuck, then went by the shop that I was going to get everything from and picked up a bottle, it was $12 for the next to biggest bottle, told me not to worry about the lease because I do so much business with him

Neal3000 said:
Every regulator may be different, but it takes a good bit more than 200 psi on my regulater guage to reach 200 on my fill guage at the shock

I just revalved and charged my front coilovers and here's what i'm talking about, its probably because it's a cheap regulator and inaccurate. Seems like it is pretty important to have a guage on the shock though if you want the correct amount of NO2 in there.

Re:

Agreed, esp for coilovers where you want a specific pressure.

My gauge on the regulator says I am at 350 psi in the air shocks on the front of the gremlin... Pretty sure that is a long ways off, but it the actual number isn't important in air shocks.

My no loss chuck won't screw in far enough to hit the valve on the Schraders on my air shocks, so I just use a reg air chuck