• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

All y'all with dem LS's (Money hiders)

Eddyj

Looks like after I've made multiple post defending the simplicity of propane on my junk, I'm going todo an LS swap.
What are you guys running? Drive by Wire or cable? Which fuel pump? Anything that would help make things go easy as far as packaging in a tube chassis. Anything you would have done different if you had a do over.

Disclaimer: I know there are 734539865 threads about ls swaps on the interweb. I've read half of them. :****: this is for tube chassis and off road specific info. As far as what works and what made the swap easier.

Re: All y'all with dem LS's

walboro 255 fuel pump, cable or wire, whatever is on the engine you get. If you went dbc you wouldnt have to worry about mounting the pedal, just use what you have.

Re: All y'all with dem LS's

Jduck said:
. If you went dbc you wouldnt have to worry about mounting the pedal, just use what you have.

You have never seen my rig in person have you? ;D

I have a pedal and cable out of a YJ. The pedal has been cut in half and welded back at a better angle. (stock pedal so the metal is super thin) the cable was for a 2.5 so it went all the way to the front of engine compartment. So it does a full 360* loop around the distributer and is held on to the bracket with a hose clamp. (Because the zip tie melted )

Keep pedal, get rid of stock cable and replace with after market. This is how mine is

255f1ff86e9bfe7be8d7bba0b1d37911.jpg

the one stupid simple thing I like with mine is having the intake inside. no more worries about water and such

Re:

Sorry for helping to kill you current engine. You are welcome for the upcoming broken Rockwell shafts

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Drive by cable for me. My 6.0 came DBW but changed it to DBC because I can tie a shoe string to the TB to get out of the woods if I have to. DBW goes out, your out of luck. thumb.gif And a Walbro 255 for me.

Re:

You seriously thinking I'm sitting around and helping you change an axle shaft? You have lost your mind.

Better get some 47 spline, cost more than my house shafts if you plan on riding with me.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

I swapped from dbc to dbw For better tuning and better throttle response Fuel pump I run aeromotive a1000 had very good luck out of mine been going for 7yrs now. Regulator I also went with aeromotive You can do push-lok fittings for fuel lines but do not get jegs brand ones I ran Russell brand fuel lines and they are badass jegs has em they just not in books or run braided lines. A lot people out there for wiring harness cutdown so you will have a very simple 3 wire hook up. Also your tuner can delete off all the bullshit you don't need such as egr/o2 sensors so on and so on. Mass air can be deleted off but that's a whole other subject It really is simple. **** if I can do it anyone can thumb.gif

Mine is drive by cable with Walbor 255 pump. Jims Performance was my go to man for the harness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kmcminn said:
I need to get me a business where people pay cash so I can (hide money and) get me an ls engine. Must be nice. :flipoff1:
Don't you have an LS in your jeep, little Richard?

Re:

lowbudgetjunk said:
You seriously thinking I'm sitting around and helping you change an axle shaft? You have lost your mind?

I'll bet you $1.25 that I can change out rockwell shaft in less time than it took with that cluster you had going on at STL.
As long as bobby is around with tools.
Friends don't let friends wheel with baby axles. :flipoff1: