• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Aluminum Links.....check this out!

Gomer dead wrong on the 7075 it's designed to bend and return it's called memory 6061 is soft and is what most the shops around are selling yall and telling you it's the 7075. I own a machine shop and the last time I ordered 2 1/4" 7075 for links which was 4 months ago it was 345 for 12 feet. I make the top links out of 6061 and they will hold up fine there 2" 6061 runs around 100 for 12 feet.And if you want to keep from pulling your threads out make all the joints either right hand or left hand, they can't loosen up that way. Just something to think about

Yep, when I called EOR earlier they said they would go with 6061 on top. I like the idea of all links being R-hand thread, that way they stay put. More of a pain to set up but aint gotta worry about them.

Glen1978 said:
Yep, when I called EOR earlier they said they would go with 6061 on top. I like the idea of all links being R-hand thread, that way they stay put. More of a pain to set up but aint gotta worry about them.

6061 is a bad idea anywhere. For proof, watch the Get Bent Clayton DVD. Expensive bounce.

The 6061 would hold up for a while just like tractor joints will, it's just how long is the question. The reason I said I run them on top is for the money aspect and the fact that the top bars only hold pinion angle basically, your lowers are the ones taking all the hits. I've never had a top bar fail yet on any rig I've built. I've seen several rigs run 6061 all the way around with zero problems.Me personally like the idea of 7075 lower thou if you ever machine the two you will understand how much more pliable it is, big difference between the two.

Cole said:
I run 2.25" 7075 and they seem to hold up great, all are still straight.

X2, on my lowers.
My uppers are like 1-1/2" x .188" wall and been running those for about 4 years.

Branik quoted me like $320 for 2ea 4' 7075 links shipped to my door drilled and tapped.

NO 6061 ...... :gtfo:

My rear 4 link bars are 2" 7075 , with all RIGHT HAND THREAD heims so they can,t work each other loose, and I still CHECK them for tightness from time to time :dblthumb:

And I have ran them for a year now , and they have not bent yet, or loosend up the heims , and they are SHINEY , .........SHINEY is COOL ;D

i got all my link bars from industrial metal supplies , out of Michigan . Which is the same place you are looking at on ebay . They were great to deal with and had good prices when you call , and fast shipping . They will cut it to any length you want .

Im running 2'' 1/2 lowers and 2 '' uppers out of 7075 aluminum

sommertime said:
Wyatt must get crackhore pricing?

I would have thought kelly would have chimed in, doesnt really matter, I effectively paid triple, cause kelly still have everything I ordered and didnt use.....

I see you fishing with the ...... after your posts. I've used a 6" piece to make a centering pin for boring unit bearings on the mill. Other than that, it is still banded together and on the floor where you left it. Even has an insulated room around it now. I've not eaten it up in rent. I'm also aware I still owe you $100, but am out of checks. I can either drop a C note in the mail and insure it for $200, or wait until I have checks again (have my personal banker order them Monday) and send it then. :flipoff1: :flipgotcha: