• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

another beadlock thread "the torque edition."

Ty.

So I have been told between 15 to 20 lbs for Bobby Long's

What do you guys run?

I have a friend who is currently torquing bolts.
He has 32 bolts, and no anti-coning ring.
What should I tell him to torque them to?

With an anticoning ring the ring can function as it was designed. Then ya can just crank them down. I have never touched a beadlock with anticoningrings with a torque wrench.

Without an anticoning ring you need to pay close attention to not overtighten them and turn the ring into a cone. But over time the tire will compress and need to be tightened again and again and again. Pretty soon ya cant tighetn them anymore. I have seen DIY beadlocks on the trail with no anticoning ring that the rings are pretty much touching each other.

When the outer ring is cone shaped it plays hell on the bolts too as only the outer edge of the bolt head makes contact at that point.

Yea, I don't know if he was exagerating, or not, but he said he is still chasing after 20 ft. lbs, and the outer ring is about a quarter inch from the inner.. That didn't sound good, so I started this thread. I told him to call around, and see if anyone had any advice for him, or maybe just go to 15lbs.

With no anti coning ring they will never get to 20 lbs. You will be lucky to just get them all evenly torqued and not be able to move any of them with your fingers.

13 ft/lbs without anti conning ring.

this is what i was told years ago, and what i'v done, without issues. any more than that, they start to cone..

I ran mine this way for 2.5 years, and never touched them.. no leakes.. etc. etc.

i used some 1/2" climbing rope and put on teh Inside ID of the beadlock, it helps with the coning, and also keeps the crap out of the bolts.. it was cheap for about 5 yards of it.

That sounds like a good idea. Never even thought about keeping mud out of the bolt. Hmmmmm mite have to get some rope...:eeek: