• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Another cherokee problem

Doesnt the check engine light and abs light come on and some others normally when you start it? I would have to check but I believe some of the gauges peg over to the right too... Should all be normal.

Didnt you already check to see if the coil was sending spark to the distributor? Its a renix system. Did you check ALL your grounds?

Going to bring this thing to a friends house tomorrow with a comanche and swap around some parts and really dig into this hawg! He has been into mj and xj crap his whole like so feed him some beer and let me go at it lol..

Well I check the coil to the distributer but if some is bad in that distributer then ill find out.. I cant check for spark and crank it over at the same times lol

Its alive!!! So I dont know what it was exactly but it runs.. Took the coil and ignition control module in to get tested both came out good.. had them run the numbers and test the new ones too.. Unplugged a few things plugged them back in being the CPS, map sensor, cap and rotor, coil, ingnition control module. So it was either a bad plug or something got reset after the CPS was replaced.. Going to hope it stays running if not im going to clean all the same plugs and connectors that I messed with if it goes out again..

Blahahahaha and its dead again. Went to the car wash to actually wash the outside.. I was kind of worried it wouldnt start after I shut it off and washed it so I left it running.. As I put the last coin in for the wash the jeep just DIED! tHEN BACK TO NOT RUNNING AGAIN! fawking jeeps! i should just drop a chevy 350 in the hog and call it a day

French??? The Renix system uses at least 3 different styles of connectors that I am aware of (GM, Bosch, and 'french' if you call it that)...But yeah, one at a time would help you isolate just which area is the problem area....

After careful consideration I would have to say the case is solved though its weird. I took the ignition control module back to autozone to get tested again since I did it last time and it ran afterwards.. And it did run again and then eventually died again so I think i got this thing licked!

It seems to be fixed at this point Ignition control module. Tested good and would let it run for about 45 mins after every time tested. But it is bad. So if this happens to you now you know.. Got the part with the coil for 10$ off a guy from craigslist. ill update if it goes bad again

Just an fyi. you can't test an electrical unit if it is functioning.
So if it runs cold, it will test good. you have to test it when it actually is failing to get an accurate test.

That is why some electrical issues can be a PITA