• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

another lil buggy

rookiezuke

i have started building a lil buggy for my son a couple weeks ago i figured i would post up what i had done so far it is powerd by a yamaha 350 4x4 i am gonna use the fourwheeler transfer case and run sami axles with gears and 31 inch tires i think i will be geared pretty good like that. it will be mainly for him just to come and cruise some trails i doubt he will doin anything crazy :driving: here is some pics i got so far

rookiezuke said:
crap sorry the pics aint working i aint masterd this picture stuff yet. ill get em fixed

Using Photobucket will be your easiest option.

Glad to see a kiddo buggy being build moon rover style.

Those four wheeler motors really strong enough to pull these things? Have to upgrade the clutches?

wannabe said:
Those four wheeler motors really strong enough to pull these things? Have to upgrade the clutches?

I explained it like this when I was building the one for my son, I would guess, complete the buggy weighs less than 1K lbs, most people who have 4 wheeler have hooked a trailer to it at one time or another, at the hunting camp guys have 12ft fourwheeler trailers that they load down with corn and seeds and pull it all over the property. Obviously the kids will not be doing 30mph, at least at first, but running around at a decent speed for a young kid will not be an issue.

My sons buggy is geared so low that with the transfer case in low and the fourwheeler transmission in 2nd I can walk next to him and 3rd is a fast walk, and that is just off idle.

Also, what are you using for the steering?

yea that is what i was kinda thinking about the gearing i am hopeing with the axle gears it will be a lil lower than the fourwheeler was orignally. my steering i am gonna try to remove the pull cord cover and see if i can mount a v belt pulley to it and try to have it balanced if at all possible and run a pump off that is what i am hopeing for if that doesnt work i dont know. i am kinda poor so i really dont want to spend alot on a rzr steering so i figured i would attempt this first :dunno:

MMMMMMAN yall I was over there droolin on this lil mochine the other day,,,neat as crap in person :****: ,,,,I will be wantin to try and squeez in it when its done ;D

I wanna get some pics of it myself in the next couple weeks Nick :dblthumb:

rookiezuke said:
yea that is what i was kinda thinking about the gearing i am hopeing with the axle gears it will be a lil lower than the fourwheeler was orignally. my steering i am gonna try to remove the pull cord cover and see if i can mount a v belt pulley to it and try to have it balanced if at all possible and run a pump off that is what i am hopeing for if that doesnt work i dont know. i am kinda poor so i really dont want to spend alot on a rzr steering so i figured i would attempt this first :dunno:

Look into boat steering.

rookiezuke said:
my steering i am gonna try to remove the pull cord cover and see if i can mount a v belt pulley to it and try to have it balanced if at all possible and run a pump off that is what i am hopeing for if that doesnt work i dont know. i am kinda poor so i really dont want to spend alot on a rzr steering so i figured i would attempt this first :dunno:

We thought of the same idea, and also thought about trying to use where the kick start is. We used a helm pump off a boat and it works good while the buggy is moving, but not as good when still and it is about 7 to 8 turns lock to lock

Dayum, that kid cant even walk and he's got a buggy already ! Will you be my Dad ?! laughing1

carsonsbuggy2003_zps2761fdfc.jpg

Does that motor run backwards? The Honda 4 wheeler motor went in reverse on the first run.

yea, I had to flip them, it was easy all bolts lined up and just had to hammer the housing to clear the ring gear.