• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anti theft on offroad rig.

Re: Re: Anti theft on offroad rig.

clutchee said:
Put transfer case in neutral.... start and won't move.....
:flipgotcha:
Along those same lines, hidden switches for electric line locks. Can start, but brakes locked tight.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Lucky for me only like 3 ppl know how to start my rhino...

Thanks Ed...

The Toyota , I leave the propane off... most thieves wouldn't be smart enough to turn the tank on before trying to start.. they'd only get about 20 feet before it'd cut off. Plus, I always pull the keys out.

smbroady82 said:
Lucky for me only like 3 ppl know how to start my rhino...

Thanks Ed...

You should really fix those issues.
#poormaintenance
# carnierigged
#rule#1neverbuyfromagypsie
#pikey

You fixed the ol'girl up any?

But really didn't you watch snatch?
Never buy from a pickey, they will meet you at someone else's house, have a friend there tell you one thing and then a fast talker show up and screw you out of your money. molaugh

I got a battery kill switch, and ignition main switch, and then the factory Jeep steering column keyed ignition. I do have a start button as well........... >:D

I also got the GPS tracker on mine that was on the hardline FB discussion a few months ago. Thing works great and is tied directly to the battery, even if the batt switch is turned off. I can look on my phone in the app and see exactly where it is at all times.

Eddyj said:
I know we talked about this at one time but can't find the thread.
For everyone using a switch panel and push start are you incorporating any sort of anti theft into it.
Anything from keeping your drunk buddies out of it while your sleeping at a HL ride to leaving parked on your open trailer outside while at work or away for the weekend?

I think your rig is pretty much a theft deterrent in and of itself ;D

Re: Anti theft on offroad rig.

customcj7 said:
I got a battery kill switch, and ignition main switch, and then the factory Jeep steering column keyed ignition. I do have a start button as well........... >:D

I also got the GPS tracker on mine that was on the hardline FB discussion a few months ago. Thing works great and is tied directly to the battery, even if the batt switch is turned off. I can look on my phone in the app and see exactly where it is at all times.

Do u have a link to the gps tracker or discussion?

mac5005 said:
Do u have a link to the gps tracker or discussion?

IGotcha GPS http://igotchagps.com/device.html

Device and two years monitoring was about $95. I can login from my phone and see where it is, where it's been, put a "Fence" up so if it moves outside the fence I know it within minutes. And a Geomarker to do the same, if it leaves the geo marker it goes off. When I take a drive in it my phone lights up as I have a .5 mile fence and the geomarker is my house. I'm not going to lie, I'm impressed with this.

It can be wired via OBDII port or standard 12volt red/black wire. It's about the size of a saltine cracker in width/length. Weighs almost nothing. Heavy duty velcro holds mine in place.

customcj7 said:
IGotcha GPS http://igotchagps.com/device.html

Device and two years monitoring was about $95. I can login from my phone and see where it is, where it's been, put a "Fence" up so if it moves outside the fence I know it within minutes. And a Geomarker to do the same, if it leaves the geo marker it goes off. When I take a drive in it my phone lights up as I have a .5 mile fence and the geomarker is my house. I'm not going to lie, I'm impressed with this.

It can be wired via OBDII port or standard 12volt red/black wire. It's about the size of a saltine cracker in width/length. Weighs almost nothing. Heavy duty velcro holds mine in place.

I have the same on my buggy and my new tow rig build truck. I installed one on a buddies company truck to track his employees not being where they were supposed to be and caught them first day.... it works like a champ

I don't know if anybody mentioned this but having my rig scattered all over the yard and shop in various pieces that I intend to someday put into a buggy along with having not even bought some of the more expensive parts seems to work really well at keeping somebody from stealing my awesome trail ripping machine

Re: Re: Anti theft on offroad rig.

Eddyj said:
This seems to be appropriate...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CoszVZGgGWU
Now that is funny

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Got a kill switch with a on off toggle and push bottom start. Kill switch is like a big key that you can take out and keep with you, and the kill is kind of under the edge of dash where is not really seen. Works pretty good.

On my brothers rig, the kill switch is behind the bucket seats, and we fixed it where the turn knob can be easily take off. that works great too, plus not to work many folks know where it's at.

Re: Re: Re: Anti theft on offroad rig.

mdo817 said:
Now that is funny

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I am glad I did not post the first two takes. They made Eds buggy seem ghetto. It's a good machine, well, the parts that Ed didn't do are good. BTW, still haven't fixed the oil leak.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk