• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

anti wrap bar for my yota

spring bushings work good. Not as noisy as hiems, and allow for some flex.

go with the 2 mounting points on the diff, and run it to a shackle at the frame end. Try and have it match your rear spring shackle length and angle.

if i put a shackle on it won't it still wrap at the frame?

I'll have the camera out in the shop later tonight I'll get some pics.

thanks man. hey i wheeled with your buddies sunday a reiter. mark M and stealth runner. i love the formula toy:awesomework: thanks in advance for the pics

james

Here's mine...
6" seperation at the axle, 32" in length (short). A Johnny Joint at the end, bushings at the axle. I used CJ spring bushings and they did not hold up. It's getting YJ spring bushings now. The shackle connects to the x-member with a YJ spring bushing.

It works pretty well. It pretty much eliminates torque lean and squat. However, I think it's too short because it likes to hop a little. I'd go *at least* 36" long.

The speed holes are essential for side wind performance :flipoff:

anti-wrap-bar-01.jpg

anti-wrap-bar-02.jpg

anti-wrap-bar-03.jpg

anti-wrap-bar-04.jpg

Here's mine...
6" seperation at the axle, 32" in length (short). A Johnny Joint at the end, bushings at the axle. I used CJ spring bushings and they did not hold up. It's getting YJ spring bushings now. The shackle connects to the x-member with a YJ spring bushing.

It works pretty well. It pretty much eliminates torque lean and squat. However, I think it's too short because it likes to hop a little. I'd go *at least* 36" long.

The speed holes are essential for side wind performance :flipoff:

anti-wrap-bar-01.jpg

anti-wrap-bar-02.jpg

anti-wrap-bar-03.jpg

anti-wrap-bar-04.jpg

thanks for the pics... do you have a shackle not only in the front but the rear upper mount?

pretty much the same thing evryone else has shown you but here is mine
tracbar001xf8.jpg

I used the stock crossmember but aded a piece of 1/8" steel to bolth sides to sandwich it together after seeing people on the net damage their crossmember doing this, so far is working great
tracbar002sh3.jpg

thanks for the pics... do you have a shackle not only in the front but the rear upper mount?
Yeah, I guess that's what you could call it. I did it to allow more adustability.

I wouldn't do it again; it was extra work, it weakens the unit against dragging on rocks, and it isn't needed.

It needs to be solid mounted on the bottom with traction arm on the top of the shackle. Otherwise it will pull the springs into a bind when you hammer down. Also set up the shackle with the traction arm foward of the solid mount (just a little) so that the shackel is already where it would end up under a load. This makes a HUGE difference.

Well I've got bushings and a heim w/ spacers, tube adapter and jam nut on the way. Now I just need to get some 1.5 .250 dom and I'm set

It needs to be solid mounted on the bottom with traction arm on the top of the shackle. Otherwise it will pull the springs into a bind when you hammer down. Also set up the shackle with the traction arm foward of the solid mount (just a little) so that the shackel is already where it would end up under a load. This makes a HUGE difference.

why? explain this pulling the springs into a bind idea.

I have been building mine with the shackle above for a few years now on a bunch of different rigs. I always set the shackle at the same angle as the trucks spring shackles. I have no issues with any bindage and the truck flex's just as good with or with out the traction bar.

It moves in a simlar arc as the springs do when drooping compressing etc.

I do however try and line up the traction bar frame end bolt with the spring pack bolts.

mine is mounts will be above the rear end tubng to keep it out of the way of rocks and other problems i keep fining,
it will go forward to a mount under the transmission mount the shackle will be what ever size i need to keep the bar level with the frame of the truck is what i was told i am using the bigger johnny joints on mine Vs the hemi joints to help control side ways twist a little better