• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

anti wrap bar for my yota

I do however try and line up the traction bar frame end bolt with the spring pack bolts.

it will go forward to a mount under the transmission mount the shackle will be what ever size i need to keep the bar level with the frame of the truck is what i was told
I do not think either of these concepts are very useful.

The length of the bar should depend more on your tire diameter and wheel base than anything else. For example, my bar mounts forward of the rear spring main hangers, but it's still too short for 36" tires IME. OTOH if you were to make it too long you could end up lifting the nose under torque. Think a long ass bar and a short wheel base, just for discussion sake.

And I don't think bar angle (parallelism to the ground or to the frame) is of much consequence either, within reason.

What is of real consequence is which side you mount it on. It should always be on the passenger side so that it counteracts torque lean (which can be highly annoying on a soft sprung flexy rig).

Last edited:
so i am mounting it to the passenger side, and i am solid mounting the bottom of the shackle, does the shackle need to be the same length as my rear shackles? should i mount it vertical or angle the top forward a couple degree's? what effect will either one have on the suspension, also is there a noticable differance from a jj to a hiem end?

so i am mounting it to the passenger side, and i am solid mounting the bottom of the shackle, does the shackle need to be the same length as my rear shackles? should i mount it vertical or angle the top forward a couple degree's? what effect will either one have on the suspension, also is there a noticable differance from a jj to a hiem end?
This is how I see it...I'm probably wrong though :D

The shackle length shouldn't matter as much as the angle of it. I would think you would want the shackle perpendicular to the angle of the top leg of the antiwrap bar...with the shackle pointing up. That way when your springs try to wrap they are pulling directly against the shackle. So if your bar tilts up from the axle then the shackle would be pointed back a little bit. :shrugging:

I just ordered a heim but if you included the spacers then the johnny is probably the cheaper way to go...especially if you forgo the threaded rod and just weld it to the tube

does the shackle need to be the same length as my rear shackles?
There's no correlation between your spring shackles and anti-wrap shackles. Mine is quite short, and it almost isn't needed at all. The shackle does not seem to move very much at all. This is because the axle follows an arch very similar to what the wrap bar would enforce if there was no shackle. Three inches or so should be plenty.

If I was designing one now, I think I'd set the shackle to be 90 degrees to the end of the bar/direction of force. OTOH I set mine essentially straight up and down and it seems fine.

Maybe that's why it ripped right off the axle housing, taking some axle tube with it............. :D

Last edited:
it seams to me that this would limit my articulation from side to side. i would only have as much articulation from side to side as the shackle/bushing would allow

it seams to me that this would limit my articulation from side to side. i would only have as much articulation from side to side as the shackle/bushing would allow

tHATS the purpose of the shackle. But with how your rig is setup you will loose some droop--but thats not a bad thing--you have uncontrolled droop--which is why you have flopped a few times I am pretty sure..

tHATS the purpose of the shackle. But with how your rig is setup you will loose some droop--but thats not a bad thing--you have uncontrolled droop--which is why you have flopped a few times I am pretty sure..

i haven't flopped yet:fawkdancesmiley: i do have alot of drop... but i got to do something to keep of with the buggy's until i can do my 4 link :cool:

If you have a heim at the shackle end with high misalignment spacers you could get 30 degrees or so of twist out of it

Thought I saw pics of you flopped on your side

nope not my rig,... not yet... my setup just needs to lst me through the summer, then it's gettin the torch and coil overs at all 4 corners... and a toyota 2.4 turbo deisel:D :bling: