• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Any one have a body code reader?

BlacknBlue

My wifes car is a 09 suzuki SX4 xover, a couple of months ago the airbag system warning light came on. before I could take it in to the dealership to get it checked out we got a recall advisory notice saying there is an issue with the passenger seat airbag sensor. It said we needed to take it to the dealer to have the code scanned and if the code shows up they replace the seat base. I took it to the dealership and found out from them that if the code is not the same one in the recall they charge me $110 for the diangonstic.
The car has had the front bumper replaced before because some on backed into the car, so I am kind of worried that it might be one of the bumper sensors.

Does anyone have a code scanner that can read body codes?

There are no code readers specific to anything but engine..

Maybe true of old OBD1 and early OBD2, but with CANBUS, VAG-COM and a couple other manufacturer specific languages, you can have more than engine codes now. There are multiple computers, and/or subsystems within the engine computer that throw their own set of codes. Some readers will pull them, but most need expensive or vehicle specific readers to do it.

I have an autoenginuity. It will do engine codes, body codes, access the ABS computer, reprogram speedo, mess with the security system and several other cool features. However, I only paid to unlock Ford vehicles, so my reader wont work with the suzuki except for generic emissions control codes. For me to unlock all vehicle manufacturers would be like a grand, and Im not a shop, so aint happening.

Maybe true of old OBD1 and early OBD2, but with CANBUS, VAG-COM and a couple other manufacturer specific languages, you can have more than engine codes now. There are multiple computers, and/or subsystems within the engine computer that throw their own set of codes. Some readers will pull them, but most need expensive or vehicle specific readers to do it.

I have an autoenginuity. It will do engine codes, body codes, access the ABS computer, reprogram speedo, mess with the security system and several other cool features. However, I only paid to unlock Ford vehicles, so my reader wont work with the suzuki except for generic emissions control codes. For me to unlock all vehicle manufacturers would be like a grand, and Im not a shop, so aint happening.

So they are making simple readers that do more--interesting..

My new Solus Ultra can do anything but then again its not a simple reader either.

I guess I misunderstood your comment. I read it as "only engines have codes". The correct way I should have read it was "only engines have specific codes readers".

But I do believe that the "simple" code readers are starting to do things like body code and abs. They still require either a laptop or a smartphone or tablet to actually display any info tho. They are not stand alone units like the MODUS or Rotunda or your Solus.