• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anybody out there with a Yeti? Worth the money?

I have several yeti coolers, I really like mine, the 65 stays in the back of my truck all week with ice. Now here's the thing, if you open it every 15 minutes it will not hold ice as well, I don't think any cooler will. You can fill one with ice and if you don't open it it will hold ice for days. Just my 02c

Igloo has a new model out this year. It's a Yeti clone but 1/2 the weight. A guy said it kept ice for 5 days sitting in the bed of his truck.
I think the 35 quart one retails for around $100.

I've said it before, if something happens to my Orca or Yeti I wont have another. I got both of mine for free and it's hard to make myself pay that for a cooler. My Orca will keep ice for 4-5 days in the bed of my truck in the middle of the summer though.

I've yet to find a cooler that will keep ice for 24 hours. But I am in my cooler every 10-15 mins
I have rtic soft cooler and it sucks balls and I have the ozark version as well and it sucks worse.
I got my cousin who goes to antique shops all the time on the lookout for a metal Coleman cooler from the 70's I swear they kept ice for days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Zjman said:
I've yet to find a cooler that will keep ice for 24 hours. But I am in my cooler every 10-15 mins
I have rtic soft cooler and it sucks balls and I have the ozark version as well and it sucks worse.
I got my cousin who goes to antique shops all the time on the lookout for a metal Coleman cooler from the 70's I swear they kept ice for days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's just nostalgia. I had a garage sale 70s era coleman (metal hinge and latch) back when I first started wheelin.
The only thing that made it better than a cheap plastic igloo is that you could actually strap it in and lid didnt fly off

They started reproducing the "metal colemans" a few years ago and they were terrible. Plastic hinges, plastic latch, shitty.

The best thing about the yeti or whatever is that you can strap it down and still open the lid, and the lid doesn't fly open and rip hinges off when you flip over.

If you're a really cheap bastard (like I've been known to be), then you just need this combo for a useful cooler under $50:
igloo-coolers-family-52.jpg

+ 2x
everbilt-window-locks-latches-20306-64_1000.jpg

+ 2x
2259529_2018__BOX.jpg

+
31w4%2BGEMLaL._SY300_QL70_.jpg

Or just get one of these for $100. It has metal bars in the handles so you can strap it down from there and still get the lid open.
00049783_2_RA_400x.jpg