• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anybody riding the cove?

The Luke

Anybody riding the cove in the next month or two? Or be interested in leading a few rigs around. I've only been once and would get turned around in a heartbeat. We are thinking something toward the end of January? We're flexible though.

jeeptj99 said:
Camping in the cove this time of year is rough. Really rough. it gets cold down in there.

We went the first of May and I slept in my ENO. I woke up ever 20min to pee. About the 4th time I got up I could hear an animal moving around. Sounded as if it was a lion or bear so I put my shoes on (full of piss) and got in the tent with my buddy. It was fairly cold that night after the sun went down. Also, the water was super high.

Probably a coon. My worst fear about sleeping in my hammock is a damn skunk. At least a lion or bear will kill you, a skunk you'll just wish you were dead.

And yes rain will determine if it's even do able. Right now you couldnt get very far in there with the way it's rained the last couple weeks.

Anybody riding the cove?

The Luke said:
Anybody riding the cove in the next month or two? Or be interested in leading a few rigs around. I've only been once and would get turned around in a heartbeat. We are thinking something toward the end of January? We're flexible though.
How many rigs?

I've done that in the cove before. Guy broke down and we sent people after parts, they got lost. We were down there all night. Built a big ass fire. First time I took my ex wheeling. She never went again.

The Luke said:
Normally our group is between 3-6.
One ton Xj
44/8.8 tj
Rzr
S10 cab truck
Whoever else tags along

Don't get me wrong I like the cove for an easy day but your group minus the gazer might be bored. Bear pin is one of the few "decent" sections and it's short. On that note let me know when you go and I'll tag along.

xjmarc said:
Don't get me wrong I like the cove for an easy day but your group minus the gazer might be bored. Bear pin is one of the few "decent" sections and it's short. On that note let me know when you go and I'll tag along.
If we're in the woods and riding, I doubt we'll be bored. Little bit of variety never hurt anyone.

10-4.

xjmarc said:

Trust me I'll make it interesting when I do something stupid and end up in a terrible place. Also would be good to ride with you since last time it didn't work out well for me.

The Luke said:
If we're in the woods and riding, I doubt we'll be bored. Little bit of variety never hurt anyone.

10-4.

When I get my one wheelin trip per year in, I tend to ***** foot around because Nisssns aren't really wheelin rigs anyway.

I'm down to ride the cove if/when this happens.

Markrobinson said:
When I get my one wheelin trip per year in, I tend to ***** foot around because Nisssns aren't really wheelin rigs anyway.

I'm down to ride the cove if/when this happens.

I wheeled the piss out of a 83 Nissan pickup, pre hardbody. I loved that truck and had I not flipped it and caved in the body I might still have it. It didn't like the 35s on it and had no power on the road, well over 300k on it and stock gearing, but I went pretty much were I wanted it to go. Sumbitch even had 8 spark plugs on a 4 banger.

Latest posts