• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anyone attending PNW Trail Jam?

I went there once and had a great time untell they told me and my group that we couldn't go and watch the wheelers wheel moonrock's and funny rock's on a Saterday.the group I was with said **** YOU and did it anyway..So to answer your question on if I'm going to pay to 4wheel and be told I can't do something that answer would be NO.And ferthermore they can kiss my sweat ass:fawkdancesmiley:

PNW trail jamboree

I had the same experience grumpy! we went up anyway and tore our stickers off, We may go over and crash the party and tag along just to prove you can be over their 74" width restriction and easily make it with a 84" width and then go play on th rocks as we please!!:stirpot: :beer:

Why would you guys want to hassle them? If you want to run the trails on your own, go run them. The guys running the Jamboree aren't trying to exclude people, or trying to dictate how you wheel, they just have to honor the terms of their permit with the Forest Service. I think the Jamboree is a pretty big fund raiser for the PNW4WDA, and to lose the permit and lose the ability to hold the event would be a big blow. I'm not affiliated with the jamboree at all, I went a couple times with my big Scout and they never gave me any grief. I don't go anymore because I'm not really into wheeling with big groups. If you don't like the way they do it at the Jambo then just do your own thing and let them do theirs.

Last edited:
I had the same experience grumpy! we went up anyway and tore our stickers off, We may go over and crash the party and tag along just to prove you can be over their 74" width restriction and easily make it with a 84" width and then go play on th rocks as we please!!:stirpot: :beer:

FYI the 74" width restriction is based on the FS permit. No one at the Jamboree is going to tell you that its not possible to run those trails at 84" wide. The permit is also the reason they limit the number of trips that go to the rocks. There is a restriction on the amount of traffic they can have on each trail each day. When you sign up for the jambo you are agreeing to abide by the guidelines laid down by the people running the show. If you want to wheel the rocks, you can go there whenever you want on your own, the jamboree doesn't have exclusive rights to the area on that weekend.

Yada, Yada, Yada you haven't told me anything I don't know,I ran them for years!! it is a public trail system so if we go over we aren't going to "hassle" them,we will just go over and cruise the trails,meet people and watch the show on the rocks Sat. :haha:

Yada, Yada, Yada you haven't told me anything I don't know,I ran them for years!! it is a public trail system so if we go over we aren't going to "hassle" them,we will just go over and cruise the trails,meet people and watch the show on the rocks Sat. :haha:

Uhh, you just said you were going to "crash the party" and "tag along just to prove..." thats not the same thing as "just go over and cruise the trails,meet people and watch the show on the rocks Sat."

Why would you guys want to hassle them? If you want to run the trails on your own, go run them. The guys running the Jamboree aren't trying to exclude people, or trying to dictate how you wheel, they just have to honor the terms of their permit with the Forest Service. I think the Jamboree is a pretty big fund raiser for the PNW4WDA, and to lose the permit and lose the ability to hold the event would be a big blow. I'm not affiliated with the jamboree at all, I went a couple times with my big Scout and they never gave me any grief. I don't go anymore because I'm not really into wheeling with big groups. If you don't like the way they do it at the Jambo then just do your own thing and let them do theirs.

FYI the 74" width restriction is based on the FS permit. No one at the Jamboree is going to tell you that its not possible to run those trails at 84" wide. The permit is also the reason they limit the number of trips that go to the rocks. There is a restriction on the amount of traffic they can have on each trail each day. When you sign up for the jambo you are agreeing to abide by the guidelines laid down by the people running the show. If you want to wheel the rocks, you can go there whenever you want on your own, the jamboree doesn't have exclusive rights to the area on that weekend.

Thanks Ben you saved me a bunch of writting. Yes we have rules that we have to follow and those coming to our events have to follow so we can keep having such events. And your right this is a major fundraiser for us and helps us raise the money to keep the same trails open for everyone:awesomework: And yes I will be there hosting again this year:redneck:

And that is excactly why we didn't do it.We ended up realizing what you just stated.by being a jamboree that had to go by the F.S. rules.And I also agree it would be a shame if the pnw could'nt put it on.
But in MY personel expereance I will NEVER go to that puticulur jamboree again it's left a bad taste in my mouth..

But on going anywhere you want to go you are wrong!As long as you are camped out at THEIR CAMPING spot you as a wheeler have to do whatever they say or they WILL kick you out of said camping spot...

Last edited:
Me too. Looking at rollin in tuesday eve or wed AM now. Will park along the fence to the right. Maroon Flattie and Blue 97 Ford F-350 with old chinook camper.......:hi: