• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anyone do pools or fences?

J

Joc

Im planning on putting a pool in next feb. I've got prices from a pool place but I have no idea who to call about doing a fence.
Anyone in the shoals area do fences or know of a good place to call?

Anyone do pools? I've been quoted a couple prices and would like to see how competitive he is.

Thanks

Get in touch with chad his uncle puts pools in for a living and has been doing it for a long time!
He's a good guy and will fix you up.

Ill give A-1 a call one day when I get the chance. I've found a web site that quoted me a price but im not 100% sure on how many feet it will be til I get it all layed out. I'd rather use a local fence company so I can see first hand what im buying. Plus they'll do a better job putting it up than me :****:

I've got a local pool guy lined up. He lives right down the road from me and keeps stressing that he focus' on doing a good job and doing it right the first time. He says he can do it in 3 day but wont b/c he wants it done right. So he said it will take at least 2 weeks as long as it doesnt rain. He wants us to still be able to wave at each other when hes done. I can agree with that. I think he gave me a fair quote but I always like to compare prices when its a major purchase.

That's all I've done for 19 years, you can call me or pm with questions anytime. 502-600-1745 Anthony. I'd be glad to help with advice on different types of pools, pumps, filters, ect...... thumb.gif

Got a buddy that owns a pool place. Been doing it for years I think he might be on of the best in the business up near ATL. How big and price range. I can call him in the morning pm me your number he has done pools all over the south.

My ex- business partners brother is in the pool business. They're located in Decatur. Shoot me a PM for his information. I guarantee he will treat you right.

Im starting to think this guy gave me a pretty reasonable quote from what im seeing/hearing from a few of you guys. Hes the one that will be doing the pool, I just want to check around before I agreed on any price.

I called a couple fence places after work but only got one place to pick up the phone. He worked out of his house. Basically told me what I was wanting would cost $30 per foot. Doesnt sound bad til I added up what I think I need and compared it to a quote off the internet for just the material and me putting it up. $6000+ or $3300 and me do the labor. Still want to find a store with something I can see in person.

Its gonna end up cost more than i thought it would for sure. All the extra crap is running the bill up. salt system vac, cover, fence. I'll probably hold off on the cover til fall to help keep the cost down up front.

thanks for all the input so far

85buggy, how do you like the salt water pool? You see any negative effects on the concrete or anything near it due to salt? I had a chlorine pool at my old house but never been in a salt water pool. The pool guy told me its about the same money as a chlorine pool if you figure what you spend on chemicals all year. He claims its alot easier to maintain. :dunno: less time i spend cleaning it/f'n with it the happier ill be. I dont even want the dang thing but it was an agreement with the wife that she hasnt forgot.
(if our next house dont have a pool we will put one in.....they dont forget lol)

A salt pool is still a chlorine pool, you just don't buy chlorine. Its no more corrosive than chlorine allready is. Cleaning is still the same.