• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anyone ever built a Floating Boat Dock?

BustedKnucklefilms

Looking at building one myself.

Goals
2 story dock
light guage square steel tubing
treated decking
Walk way that goes to the top floor then you walk down stairs to the dock.
Ive got 6 large floats already and will probably need a few more to hold a 7000lb boat.
Planning on cable wrapped pole/electric motor setup for boat lift. Nautique has attachement points on each end so no need for cradle.

Quote for one without lift is $18000.
I think I can build it for atleast half that with lift.
Been looking for a used one on craigslist as well.

Anyone have any experience build docks?

Do you have a picture of what you are trying to make it look like. I have a buddy or two that have worked for boat dock guys I could ask. Might even come up with a set of plans if we get lucky.

Look up Doc Boxes Unlimited. They sell the float's and a bunch of other stuff for docks.

Oh, hello from West Virginia BustedKnuckle. Always watch your and Madrams Vids.

Johnson dock and tram, they are located in pickwick tn.
They are relatives of mine, and do about every dock and tram you see
In the Mississippi and Tennessee parts of pickwick.
If you need anymore info just email me at [email protected]
And if your gonna do it yourself, I might can get whatever you need at a good price.

M&l docks in spruce pine al. Close to russellville. They build big aluminum docks.

I used to build boat docks several years ago and it takes a lot to build one like to get all the Steel hot. Dipped galved and all the decking it cost a lot espically one with a party deck

Thanks for the replies. I found a few used single slip ones for 10k but that seems like a lot.

I plan on building it myself. Light gauge steel tubing, painted, and treated lumber on the dock surface. Ill use the floats I have to support the slip portion of the dock and then make a separate swim platform that is floated by 55 gallon drums if that what it takes. Gotta do this on the cheap as always. :****:

Where is the best place to buy Steel around Birmingham area?

David Woodall in Decatur has built a few for some of my friends.
Jeff Cavanar(sp?) lives on the lake and does a fine job too

I just need to know when its done so we can come break it in! :woot: :drinkers: :puke: :****: molaugh

I live in cumberland an built mine over barrels an foam. Holds 10 adulys an coolers no prob. Or you can go all foam if you can find big blocks.

I helped a little bit with my neighbors a long time ago. It is two stories, probably 25ish x 25ish. It is held afloat by black plastic rectangle things, pretty sure they are foam filled. He has a pontoon boat that parks in the center with walk arounds on each side, you can also unhook the dock from the floating walkway/poles it is
attached to. When unhooked you can motor around the lake using the pontoon as the pusher, basically a big party barge. That's my favorite part. I think over the years there have been 1 or 2 of the floats start to sink, but other then that it appears maintenance free.