• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anyone ever put a semi trailer on the ground ?

P

If its free, its P
I bought a 53' Semi trailer to use as storage from a buddy at work. Any of you guys ever roll the wheels out and cut the landing gear out to put one on the ground before ?

P said:
I bought a 53' Semi trailer to use as storage from a buddy at work. Any of you guys ever roll the wheels out and cut the landing gear out to put one on the ground before ?

Yep , put a 48' Roadway double on some property my off-road club has..it was a workout without heavy equipment. It evolved a bunch of cribbing and jacking but I managed to get it on the ground without killing myself.

The bad part is the local methhead scrappers cut through the side with a mattock and stole everything..we ended up with a sea container which is a much better idea.

Yes I have done this to a few. Don't not put them directly on the ground to prevent Rott. We use gravel on rail road ties set to desired level the drop wheel side then jack side.

We've always just dug out the ground, so that the rear is at ground level... Mainly incase we wanted to move it again in the future.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

blacksheep10 said:
What's it weigh? already fill it with **** and now want to set it down laughing1?

Always had intent to set it on ground it's been too wet to even think about it since I got it It has very little in it ( easily removed when it ever dries up ) no idea how heavy they are

if someone has a backhoe they can road down the street that has a bunch of lift capacity. My forklift is a bitch to haul but is good for 8K. We have a bunch of trail jacks and stuff and cribbing if you wanted to do it the slow and painful way. Wonder if Heath will ever have the rubber tire loader that way anytime soon ???

blacksheep10 said:
if someone has a backhoe they can road down the street that has a bunch of lift capacity. My forklift is a bitch to haul but is good for 8K. We have a bunch of trail jacks and stuff and cribbing if you wanted to do it the slow and painful way. Wonder if Heath will ever have the rubber tire loader that way anytime soon ???

If it ever dries up I was going to see if I could catch Heath coming or going from a job. I'm patient it's not a " need it done " fast deal. Come to think of it , I may have someone else I can lean on for assistance local too.