• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anyone have the hookup on diamonds?

Damn cracker you was serious earlier. Have you let the **** eater know he is gonna have to share the hammock?

Damn!! Y'all crazy...
My wife's wedding band cost like10 bucks and mine 30. No engagement ring...we were broke as ****. She's still wearing hers and I lost mine. Be married 26 years come March. :dblthumb:

Re: Re: Anyone have the hookup on diamonds?

johneddie said:
Damn!! Y'all crazy...
My wife's wedding band cost like10 bucks and mine 30. No engagement ring...we were broke as ****. She's still wearing hers and I lost mine. Be married 26 years come March. :dblthumb:
I'm with you!!!! Dang at what's gettin spent on friggin ring up in here.

Re: Re: Anyone have the hookup on diamonds?

grcthird said:
The price of jewelry in general blows my mind, I just don't get it. :dunno:
Damn right! We'll be out to eat or something and I will say "damn i can't believe I gave $4500 for that little thing..." and we still gotta go pick up the matching wedding ring and it's gonna be $1500! So $6k on her left hand and that's exactly how much I have in my motorcycle haha. Retarded.

She has said many times that she never ever expected me to pay that much for a ring. We've been together 2.5 years and I have never bought her a birthday or Christmas gift, nor has she bought me anything. We had a talk long ago and I suggested we just go out to eat somewhere nice or do something out of the norm instead of buy material gifts. We buy our own **** if we want it anyways, I've always hated the idea of gifts.

When I was deciding how much to spend on a ring, it was difficult for me to justify being overly cheap about a ring when I've got $20k worth of toys sitting in the shop.

Talk about a cheap ass and lucky, I was able to pass on a diamond that was passed down through 6 generations of my family. The diamond was FOUND in the street way back when and has survived ever since. I had it placed in a setting and she wore if for the first 10 years and on that anniversary I bought the **** out of a new one. Could have been a huge down payment on a buggy, but had a ring built for her and has been worth it for sure. I've seen too many friends buy some fancy high dollar nugget just to see it hocked for cash a few years in. Words to the wise, buy what you can afford, and afford what you can buy. :dblthumb:

I think my wife's was 7k for 1.5 carats, and it has bands on each side. I got it at zales on a black Friday deal I think

grcthird said:
The price of jewelry in general blows my mind, I just don't get it. :dunno:

Exactly! Dumbest thing I ever witnessed...people spending thousands on a little ring. When a woman says I want something expensive and exotic, I'd buy her a Tiger...at least its useful... :****:

I bought my one and only engagement ring and luckily it was when I was more poor than I am now. My woman doesn't believe in replacing an engagement ring. (Thank God)!!! There will never be another ring or Mrs. Holmann regardless of how this marriage goes.

I have heard traditionally its 3 months of your salary... I can tell you, I did not spend that much and the wife would not let me!

I have always heard 3 months salary, I didn't do that. I just got the one she picked out. If for some reason I ever have to buy another, I'm not spending near that much next time. If I'm thinking about getting married a second time, someone kick me in the nuts :****: My wife mostly wear a qalo silicone ring now, unless we go out and eat or something, an the high dollar one just sits in her jewelry box.