• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anyone here interested in SxS racing?

blackrunner93

I'm sure some of you have heard of UTV Rally Raid before and some of you may have even tried it out. UTVRR use to race at Windrock and Stony in years past. However, last season Hawk Pride Mountain Offroad became the new venue and it was better than ever. The new course is roughly 10 miles and very technical. No more wide open dirt roads. It's a good mix of short course and tight, technical GNCC style racing with some long straightaways mixed in between. Best of all, there's a class for all types and levels of machine. UTVRR is a 4 hour endurance race so you definitely get your money's worth. Whether you've ran Rally Raid before or not, come on and check it out. For more info you can check out Utvrallyraid.com or go to their forum at southeastsxs.com.

That's a whole different style of racing. If you like working on them more than racing them then I guess that would be ideal. That's why KOH is one race.

I'm not so sure about that Jon, I went to the last Rally Raid race in December to co-drive with a friend and there were iirc 43 entries. It was a huge turnout especially to be two weeks before Christmas. We met folks from Florida, Louisiana and Maine that had driven to race there. there wasn't really any rocks on the course but it was plenty challenging and the races last 4 hours, two in the daylight, 2 in the dark, that ain't no joke, very tough!

UTVRR is the ****, we have raced every one of them the last 3 years, its a blast! We have met a very good group of friends over the last 3 years, I predict 2015 to be its best year yet, as mentioned the turnout every race has averaged 30+ car count as high as 64, which is higher # than just about any other sxs major race series. I encourage anyone thinking about getting into sxs racing to come check it out and give it a try, check out www.southeastsxs.com to reserve your team # for 15. The competition level is about as high as you will find on the East coast, Several big name teams have run and still not won an overall, Scott Kiger and Coastal drilling have been to several and very competitive but not a win yet, and they dominate GNCC, Pace Offroad and Greg Biffle have run it, Ricky Carmichael came and ran with us in Dec, its a great time, before, during and after the races!

Definitely a fun series. Met some great friends from Florida, Mississippi and Tennessee. Its different from most races in the aspect that most people help one another. Whether it be in the pits with parts or helping get a machine back on the track. It is worth checking out and like mentioned above, there are classes for everyone.

Hey what's up Nate? I didn't realize you were on hardline too. Neal and Nate are right, 2014 was a great season and I also think 2015 will be even better. Before 2014 I had no involvement in rally raid, but NOW I'M HOOKED. I've met a lot of great people through rally raid and I only want to see it grow. In my opinion, it's the most fun you can have on the east coast involving the SxS scene. And 95jeep85, I'm sure I met you at some point this season, but I just don't know who you are here.