• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anyone here trout fish?

Bones

That Guy
I am thinking I need another hobby and there are a half dozen counties northeast of me with stocked streams.

I used to fish one where we camped growing up a lot. I never used a fly rod, and would love to learn, but the streams I have been on are very narrow and treed making a fly rod useless I would think. I used corn, and cheese back in the day on a hook laughing1

Thinking a decent pole that breaks down, strap it to the husky and go out for an afternoon of :fish: n :drinkers:..gut the fuggers, wrap em in tinfoil and toss em on a fire for some good eats.

I don't but I think it would be fun. They stock the Sipsey River in Northwest AL with trout and there is good trout fishing in TN. We did some fishing with flyrods when we were out West. Lots of fun.

I really would like to get into the fly aspect, but we just don't have the room up here. Streams I have been on are 15' wide and you can practically net the fuggers.

Ben. you need to learn how to use a fly rod so we can go to Key west and catch some black tip sharks

jrhall said:
Pussies fish for trout.

So your saying I'm a ? :dunno: :flipoff1:

I grew up fishing for trout on the Kern river in California and loved every minute of it. Fished the waters of northern California and Oregon for years. Fly fishing is alot of fun when you get the hang of it. If you go by a Bass Pro Shop, stop in and check out their section and get with a guide or teacher. But, just like these damn buggies, it will empty your wallet just as well. :****:

CHASMAN9 said:
So your saying I'm a ? :dunno: :flipoff1:

I grew up fishing for trout on the Kern river in California and loved every minute of it. Fished the waters of northern California and Oregon for years. Fly fishing is alot of fun when you get the hang of it. If you go by a Bass Pro Shop, stop in and check out their section and get with a guide or teacher. But, just like these damn buggies, it will empty your wallet just as well. :****:

the Kern is a great place, done a bit of kayaking there and in its headwaters.

I have fly fished the Little River Canyon and had a blast doing it, but you want to make sure you have felt lined shoes on. :fish: thumb.gif

Almost all of the streams and rivers around here in NW NC have trout in them. Usually fish with my Shakespeare ultra-light and spinning reel. Lots of brush in places so its easy to throw the line where I want with it.

xjpaddler said:
the Kern is a great place, done a bit of kayaking there and in its headwaters.

I grew up out in that area and loved creek jumpin and droppin a line every once in awhile. Beautiful part of the country for sure. I did most of my trout fishing up on the Cali/ Oregon border at a super secret backwoods lake. thumb.gif