• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anyone in the enumclaw area use co2 for oba?

toyodaaddict

I hate waiting on a compressor so Im buying a 10 lb co2 setup. What I would like to know is where can I get it filled, praxair? And will I be getting my tank filled or exchanging it for another tank? I can get the tank powder coated for $20 extra but I dont want to wast the $ if Im gonna end up trading tanks.

I don't know about the claw specifically, but there are very few places that will fill your co2 on the spot. They can send it out but then you have to wait. Praxair and the like do exchange tanks and its very easy. Sure, sometimes the tank is ugly, but your in and out vs waiting.

If a coated tank is important to you, then I would call around first to see if having your personal tank filled is a reasonable option.

sounds like a good reason to save $20 and skip the powder coat. I would like to keep my own tank but not if its gonna cost me more. I'll make some calls on monday. Thanks guys.

Kent Ox fills Co2. Best to call them and ask which day they fill Co2. If you take the tank in on that day you can wait while it's filled. If not then a return trip is required, unless you have an exchange tank.

Pacific welding supply in Tacoma can fill yours on weekdays or exchange it anyday. If they fill one, it will be iced up for a couple hours.

Hi all,

I just use the regular 20 lb. CO2 tanks for OBA. Easy & quick to exchange at the welding supply shop, and it fills lots of tires between exchanges.

-Alan

Talk to Brian (supersami) and get a tank. He always has them.

Exchange is the way to go. You own it but they get to renew CERT on the bottle for ya.

If you have the same bottle refilled for years then pretty soon its going to be outta date and need to be recertified.

When you exchange a bottle its always got a good cert date on it.

I posted earlier but have further thoughts.

I have a couple jeeps. The Co2 bottle is handy to have as I can take it with whatever rig I am headed out in. I also have a York compressor in one of the jeeps. The Co2 tank will fill faster than the York, but as it's pressure lowers the race evens out between the tank and York. I much prefer the York. Never had a problem, never had to refill it (it also runs an ARB locker). Does not require gloves to use.

I started with a Quick-Air 2. Still have it and use it often because if I'm with a group you only need to fill as fast as the slowest system in your group. Co2 cost money and my time to refill. I don't often offer it to others.

Last edited:
A buddy of mine roofed hos house with a CO2 bottle. No compressor or hoses hanging off the roof. He just put the tank on the chimney and used a 25 foot hose.

Like Murk stated, they go in any rig you take it in.

Now I need to put the idea of bursting co2 tanks out of my head:D I spend alot of time in the naches area, it gets pretty hot out there. Hopfully as long as I keep on the move an park in the shade I'll be ok.

I posted earlier but have further thoughts.

I have a couple jeeps. The Co2 bottle is handy to have as I can take it with whatever rig I am headed out in. I also have a York compressor in one of the jeeps. The Co2 tank will fill faster than the York, but as it's pressure lowers the race evens out between the tank and York. I much prefer the York. Never had a problem, never had to refill it (it also runs an ARB locker). Does not require gloves to use.

I started with a Quick-Air 2. Still have it and use it often because if I'm with a group you only need to fill as fast as the slowest system in your group. Co2 cost money and my time to refill. I don't often offer it to others.
I have multiple rigs as well and I fugure a co2 setup will always come in handy for something. The other thing Im not sure about is how much power loss I might experience with a true OBA setup. With a 4cyl every little bit counts.

I already bought the co2 setup, so I already have a tank. It will be here tuesday. I got the whole thing from Instant Air Supply for $218 shipping included. Hopfully my new tank will be ok for exchange.

I know co2 is old news for most of you but I appreciate the input.:beer: