• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anyone know anything about water heaters?

BadRockOffroad said:
A bad Dip Tube will cause this issue also.

Hm, I looked it up and found this, thanks!

Broken-dip-tube-full-600.jpg

Re:

The lower element tests bad. Guess I'll start there! Thanks y'all!

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

It was $18 at Lowe's and I bought the special tool to unscrew it since I don't have my big deep well sockets at the house. Total with tax came out to like $27. The heater is turned off now preparing for me to get off work tonight to flush and replace the element so that it can heat back up overnight for my steamy shower in the morning. :woot:

When u take ur lower element out get a flash light and check for calcium or any other debris in the bottom of tank... I have well water and about every six months I have to drain mine and clean calcium off the element and the bottom of tank mine will just fill up with calcium at the bottom and insulate the bottom element from disapating heat to the cold water

If ur on city water this should not be a problem just thought I might add in case ur on well water

jb said:
When u take ur lower element out get a flash light and check for calcium or any other debris in the bottom of tank... I have well water and about every six months I have to drain mine and clean calcium off the element and the bottom of tank mine will just fill up with calcium at the bottom and insulate the bottom element from disapating heat to the cold water

If ur on city water this should not be a problem just thought I might add in case ur on well water

I just replaced both of my elements with these:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Camco-Screw-In-Lime-Life-Fold-Back-water-heater-Element-4500w-240v-premium-low-watt-density-water-heater-element-15184/100129264#
Few more bucks but are supposed to stop mineral accumulation on the elements.

Re: Re: Re: Anyone know anything about water heaters?

yankster said:
I just replaced both of my elements with these:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Camco-Screw-In-Lime-Life-Fold-Back-water-heater-Element-4500w-240v-premium-low-watt-density-water-heater-element-15184/100129264#
Few more bucks but are supposed to stop mineral accumulation on the elements.

That's what i got. Didn't know it was anything special.

Flushed tank out last night and replaced element. Got some mineral build up out but not bad. The old element looked to just be old without any appreciable buildup anywhere.

Gonna go see if I got hot water now ...

Re:

Everything back to normal. Thanks again y'all!