• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anyone near Buford or Gainesville ga?

Eric04

Looking to move down that way within the next year to be closer with family..how do you guys like it?

im from gainesville/cumming area. its not bad at all. summers on the lake are nice, but if your lookin around that area hall county doesnt require emissions on vehicles

jeepjeep said:
I'm in banks county, I'd definately recommend the general area. Gainesville is kinda like Mexico though
That isn't the first time hearing that..I'd like to be in the country but still close to either area.Wifes brother lives in buford so more then likely end up around there.Hows the job market? Wife would be tranfering with chase bank and I'd like to find a city/county job.I currently work for our county but there is no room for adavancement anytime soon

Down town Gainesville and Buford are some crowded places fur sure sometimes, but some cool spots for going out on the weekends. We ventured on up to cleveland and it alot slower pace. There are several small towns north of Buford that are quiet and nice, especially if you love the outdoors. The lake in hall county offers tons of fun and the rivers in all the northern surrounding counties are great. Either way its not a bad area just busy in the city. But plenty of work, the little Mexico stems from the poultry capital of the world. Most folks can't hang in that line of work and that population flocks to it, hard workers fur sure. The beach is 6hrs away, and bama wheeling is only 2hrs away.
thumb.gif

I'm in the cumming,gainesville area, the areas are nice and the best of all throw a rock in 3 directions ( used to be 4 R.I.P. River Rock)and a 2 hour drive and your wheeling. 4 large lakes within 2 hours of driving and some of the most awesome views in the mountains. As far as work I have no idea in the gov. field but there is work here and its only getting bigger. Just my $.02

I'm a machinist. There are plenty of small towns around that will keep you out of the big city rush but still close to it. I live on 25 acres with almost no neighbors but can be in gainesville in 30 minutes and Buford/ mall of ga area in 45.