• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anyone on here work for a GM Dealer

matth_85

Looking for a set of 22" transit wheels. Having a hard time local. Anyone on here have access to some?

matth_85 said:
Looking for a set of 22" transit wheels. Having a hard time local. Anyone on here have access to some?

You will have a VERY hard time finding any new ones. GM is charging dealerships $3,000 dollars a set if they don't return them. Might have some luck at a really large dealership if you know someone shady.

muddinmetal said:
You will have a VERY hard time finding any new ones. GM is charging dealerships $3,000 dollars a set if they don't return them. Might have some luck at a really large dealership if you know someone shady.

10-4, I thought it was $1500 for tires and wheels. I know they are out there, but a little harder to get these days.

Beerj said:
Damn, those are about 15 min from my place. If I can get 1500 - 3000 for them then it would be worth my while
Lol. That's about what they sell for $500. They can be had much cheaper though.

muddinmetal said:

Elaborate

Supply and demand on this one.

22" flat centered steel wheels. Everyone with an old truck wants a set. They are the wheels gm transports the vehicles to the dealership with then they are retured. If not the dealership is charged.

Me and a buddy tried to find some a while back .... even contacted the manufacturer of the wheels. They won't sell them to the public supposedly because they aren't meant for road use.

There is a helluva market for these things

rednecklights said:
Supply and demand on this one.

22" flat centered steel wheels. Everyone with an old truck wants a set. They are the wheels gm transports the vehicles to the dealership with then they are retured. If not the dealership is charged.

Me and a buddy tried to find some a while back .... even contacted the manufacturer of the wheels. They won't sell them to the public supposedly because they aren't meant for road use.

There is a helluva market for these things

Pretty much what he said.