• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

anyone running toyota duals with an auto?

skinny_pedal

well my new truck has an auto and I kinda like it. Curiuos if any has this dual setup and if so how they like it and Hows it holding up? My truck is an 86runner

X2. Due to anticipated demand at home in the next couple years, I think that the next-next project will be an automatic. Got to start looking for a project rig in order to support that. Most likely a Sammy since I could probably flat tow it with my rig. Would most likely end up using a 2WD Aisin auto and just get the inchworm gear tailshaft adapter for the geardrive case.

Well my biggest thing is reliebilty. Either way Im going to fork out cash for the auto adapter, or im going to have to buy a tranny, clutch, clutch master and slave, lines...etc. I just want to know if its legit or not

I guess it depends on what you want to accomplish. With the auto you can get paddle shifters and a lower crawl with a single case. With the standard you have more flexibility for gears. I had a 3.0 with an R150F and had it swapped out for an R151F and dual cases when Crash did the 2RZ swap. I also had an automatic rig that had a A340H with the stock hydro case and 38's and it did okay.

Duals

I love the A340, and I can't wait to get hooked up with duals. I did custom shift buttons on the steering wheel but I prefer the new floor mounted one I have now.:D
"One foot on the brake and one on the gas":awesomework:

I've also got an auto in my 4-Runner and I plan on doing duals with the inchworm adapter eventually. I've heard that it is really easy to convert these trannys to full manual. I've read about lots of people doing it, but haven't found out how to do it!! Anybody know how??

Manual Control

I've also got an auto in my 4-Runner and I plan on doing duals with the inchworm adapter eventually. I've heard that it is really easy to convert these trannys to full manual. I've read about lots of people doing it, but haven't found out how to do it!! Anybody know how??

Well yes I do.:D