• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anyone Tow with an E350 van?/Tow Rig Discussion

CheapJ7

Mustache rides?
My Grandmather is in poor health and My dad has been having to transport her back and forth to the doctor and will have to continue this for a while...
They had suggested a conversion (Handicap) van, but dad has other plans...

He wants to pick up a Ford E350 one ton 7.3 psd...
modify a ram to fold out the door and mount an atv winch on the opposin wall to pull her in the door..

His alterior motive is obviously tow rig ambitions...
Seems like it wold be an awesome tow rig/camping rig
and would be stable due to width, as well as have plenty of grund with the 7.3

one in the 2000's in good condition with reasonable miles can be had for around 4 grand...

Thoughts and opinions???
random comments?? :flipoff1:

Re: Anyone Tow with an E350 van???

Sounds like a plan.

Flat black an option?

I had a buddy that did his interior trim business outta one during the week, then it was his tow rig/camper on the weekends. It pulled his heavy ass built xj with no problems. You can't go wrong with a 7.3.

Ralley wheels and a spoiler on the back just like the A-Team :afro:

Seriously for 4k I think it a fair deal

I'd like one for that soul purpose. Look hard and you can find them 4x4.

lookin at a window delete 7.3 in Chelsea today..
123k $3800 New tars.. ;D

3 tons o fun said:
Dont forget bout grandmas comfort.

she's actually down with it... she rarely has to go anywhere
saaid she wanted the open space of a cargo type van for her chair...

CheapJ7 said:
lookin at a window delete 7.3 in Chelsea today..
123k $3800 New tars.. ;D

While your down there, have Turbo Joe paint some flames on it for ya. Pure badass. :dblthumb:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Matt O. said:
All I know is that 7.3's are badass...

in comparison to the 6.0s and 6.4s....hell yea...

in comparison to a 5.9cummins.....eh.....

7.3 is definately ford's best motor for sure....decent power and decent mileage...

just my 2

7.3 is good for sure. And I I'm sure on a national average the 6.0 has way more problems. I have a 6.0L with 190,000 and have had very very little trouble, and I blow the balls out of it everyday since it was new! Actually it's my second one with no problems. :dblthumb: But I'm hard up on maintenance.

HotRodpayton said:
7.3 is good for sure. And I I'm sure on a national average the 6.0 has way more problems. I have a 6.0L with 190,000 and have had very very little trouble, and I blow the balls out of it everyday since it was new! Actually it's my second one with no problems. :dblthumb: But I'm hard up on maintenance.

My grandpa has a 04 with a 6.0 and has no problems with it. Only time it was in the shop was for a recall. It does have low miles though and he takes care of it.

I have had two 7.3 's with no problems at all and one 6.0 that went to the shop at least six different times. Each time they kept it form two days to two weeks! Had everthing from EGR valve problems, EGR cooler blown and then both head gaskets!!! All this with 88,000 miles on it. Needless to say, this is the very reason I now own a Chevy Duramax and I love it. The 6.0 problems more than likely came from the Edge box that was on it most of its life. Just my .02 cents worth, if you own or are thinking about buying a 6.0 ------ DON"T! Sell it or look at something else, and if that is not an option then what ever you do, don't put a box of any kind on it! :****:

Ah, let me give my .02. I had a programmer uped with no liability by Superchips, that produced somewhere around 150hp. Intake and exhaust with 4"lift and 35's. It ran 8.90's at the strip(1/8 mile). The one and only thing that broke was a right front hub on the strip. NO problems. I've got a regular superchips pro. on my 6.0 now. Stock it will eat the new Cummins lunch. I would like to run a DMAX. :driving:

No, but I have now towed MattO's E- OR buggy :flipoff1: molaugh