• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

anyone using bushings in there links?

Stokes

im at that point finally to be movin axles under the rig and was under the impression that it was smart to run a bushing at one end of the links weither it be front or back. the rig being a cj7 on 1tons and 42's with a healty bigblock id rather build something that will get sloppy fast.

the setup i have in mind is basicly 3link front. cant think of the right term (im still link stupid so bear with me) but two lowers with the drivers side wristed to the top of the pumpkin. and the rear will be a tri 4 link. i was plannin from talkin to folks to run 1.25 johnnys/rubicon rubber bushings for the lowers, and 1"johnnys/Rubi bushings for the uppers. but since then a few folks have mentioned that it would be a longer lasting setup to run the johnnys at all ends.

which setup would last me longer between joint rebuilds? thanks guys!

I personally like the ballistic 2.63(2 and 5/8ths) forged joint over the johnny joints. I used to run johnny's but the quality of the ballistic is definately higher.

On the front is there any way you could run a traditional 3 link, With 2 lowers, 1 upper and a panhard?

Lastly, and only personal preferance. If you do use bushings on the links, Reinforce them by capturing the end with a strap. Just a bit of insurance is all.

haha dang it really shows how out of it i was last night this thread isnt even in the right section.

well the full on three link is what i wanted todo but from recent advice im thinkin i wont have enough room, but maybe it would be good to double check it all again. what i had in mind as a solution would be like the TJ longarm kits do upfront but without the wrist on the passanger side. is it more more articulation or a strength issue that your thinkin of? thanks

I personally like the ballistic 2.63(2 and 5/8ths) forged joint over the johnny joints. I used to run johnny's but the quality of the ballistic is definately higher.

On the front is there any way you could run a traditional 3 link, With 2 lowers, 1 upper and a panhard?

Lastly, and only personal preferance. If you do use bushings on the links, Reinforce them by capturing the end with a strap. Just a bit of insurance is all.

oh and almost forgot, but is it your prefference to run joints at all ends? not afraid to throw more coin at the setup just would rather have something that functions better and doesn't wear out quick:D

I use QA1 joints on the frame end and use poly bushings on the axle end. Works fine. I made my own bushing set-up, Kinda like Ballistic fabs, LIKE THESE

Piece of DOM and some bushings I got for free = done:awesomework:

oh and almost forgot, but is it your prefference to run joints at all ends? not afraid to throw more coin at the setup just would rather have something that functions better and doesn't wear out quick:D

Ive always done a joint at every end. On my lastest incarnation i did them all right hand thread. I dont like the tj wrist solution based on breakage. What if the joint at the frame end failed, Or the link. Your axle will do funky stuff. Then again most any end failure on anything will result in bad stuff.

Ive always done a joint at every end. On my lastest incarnation i did them all right hand thread. I dont like the tj wrist solution based on breakage. What if the joint at the frame end failed, Or the link. Your axle will do funky stuff. Then again most any end failure on anything will result in bad stuff.

ya do have a point there i would feel better myself to have the third link run up by the firewall. ill hunt down some photos of what im up against.

oh and i hear your the guy to talk to for tube/links:smile:

heres what im lookin at as far as room goes for a upper link. i guess theres more room there than i origanally thought
002.jpg

003.jpg

001.jpg

oh and btw, not afraid to cuttup the headers to make em work. ha already cutt the #5 primary off to make room for the steering linkage.

Latest posts