• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

AOP - Four Banger Series 1 - November 14, 2015

adventureoffroadpark

As discussed at our last 4 cylinder competition we have scheduled the first of several comps for the guys with the 4 cylinder engines. We will run 2 classes for this series and both classes will compete on the same hill or trail at each event. The entry fee will be $50.00 per driver and a portion of the parks fees for event day will also be added to the payout. This portion from the park will be allocated proportionally based on the percentage of competitors per class. Our goal with the 2 classes is to create a class that most basic 4x4 vehicles can compete against each other. While the list below is a general requirement the race director will have make the final decision on race day as to what class you will be eligible for.

The 2 classes will be set as follows.

STOCK MOD VEHICLES
-50% of original style body or more
-50% of original style suspension or more
-50% of stock frame or more

BUGGY CLASS
-Full tube chassis

Thanks for the advance notice! I'm going to do my best to keep my buggy in shape for this and show up to have some fun. I'll probably be bringing a friend and his rig with me as well.

So what would the truggy I'm building be i got half body half orginal frame but 3link front and 4 link rear on airs what would I be classified under buggy or stock mod

krackem said:
So what would the truggy I'm building be i got half body half orginal frame but 3link front and 4 link rear on airs what would I be classified under buggy or stock mod
youre in the same boat as me...with the linked suspension we'd be buggy

Rokcrler said:
youre in the same boat as me...with the linked suspension we'd be buggy
[/quote/

But buggy is FULL TUBE CHASSIS , Were not that at all i dunno it'll be fun reguardless but we don't really fit either class more stock mod with the exception of a front link system ??? Maybe more details are to come. But I don't think we fit buggy, truggy yeah but we'll see hope to be ready tho

i think the point of this series is simplicity...no need for a bunch of classes...

STOCK MOD VEHICLES
-50% of original style body or more
-50% of original style suspension or more
-50% of stock frame or more

BUGGY CLASS
-Full tube chassis

This is a run what ya brung! id be happy with one class like last and this year.

Re:

I would forsee "stock mod" turning into a 2 out of 3 thing... So something like a formula toy leaf spring buggy would compete against a linked cab truck...

The biggest thing is dont be too serious, and don't over think it, and don't get butthurt when you lose to a better rig or driver.

This "series" isn't requiring a big investment in safety equipment or entry fees, and since its a rock race, driver ability and line choice will be the winning ticket.

And hey, if someone shows up with a 400hp turbo ecotec moon buggy on bypasses and stickies... Then try to beat em up the hill!

TBItoy said:
Beloved this has done happened at the first race dude got beat and got really but hurt when Billstoy one and he didn't blamed everything laser timers, machine, everything but himself

The goal of trying to run 2 classes is to keep things simple. Personally I prefer one class and run what you bring. Thus far we have chosen trails that require driving your rig and this will always be our goal in choosing trails to compete on. However, at the last race we had a lot of folks that wanted to compete but wouldn't run against a buggy. My goal with the 2 classes is only to make it more inclusive. If it doesn't work out we can always adapt. I really enjoy this class of racing and love seeing the smaller rigs compete. The entry will be small and with the park donating a portion we should have some decent payouts. We'll add a point system to the series and have a trophy for the champion at the end of the series.

adventureoffroadpark said:
The goal of trying to run 2 classes is to keep things simple. Personally I prefer one class and run what you bring. Thus far we have chosen trails that require driving your rig and this will always be our goal in choosing trails to compete on. However, at the last race we had a lot of folks that wanted to compete but wouldn't run against a buggy. My goal with the 2 classes is only to make it more inclusive. If it doesn't work out we can always adapt. I really enjoy this class of racing and love seeing the smaller rigs compete. The entry will be small and with the park donating a portion we should have some decent payouts. We'll add a point system to the series and have a trophy for the champion at the end of the series.

Any word on a little guy 6 cylinder class?