• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

AOP - Four Banger Series 1 - November 14, 2015

GONOVRIT said:
Thanks for the advance notice! I'm going to do my best to keep my buggy in shape for this and show up to have some fun. I'll probably be bringing a friend and his rig with me as well.
Pics of your rig. Looks fun!

It's a really fun rig to drive and continues to suprise me. It's really just a ramp queen that gets gets abused occasionally though.
38a15ab972e299671a118540942eba55.jpg

010e8b27e5575ec51651d5721f71d447.jpg

adventureoffroadpark said:
The goal of trying to run 2 classes is to keep things simple. Personally I prefer one class and run what you bring. Thus far we have chosen trails that require driving your rig and this will always be our goal in choosing trails to compete on. However, at the last race we had a lot of folks that wanted to compete but wouldn't run against a buggy. My goal with the 2 classes is only to make it more inclusive. If it doesn't work out we can always adapt. I really enjoy this class of racing and love seeing the smaller rigs compete. The entry will be small and with the park donating a portion we should have some decent payouts. We'll add a point system to the series and have a trophy for the champion at the end of the series.

Sounds perfect to me. I'm thinking about running it, will you announce the trails in advance for pre-running? :smoke:

I'll be there racing. I hope to have my motor bugs worked out in the next few weeks so no repeat of the last race.

Thanks for putting this series on!

Re: Re: Re: AOP - Four Banger Series 1 - November 14, 2015

jeeptj99 said:
Can us 6 cyl guys play too?
Remember this detailed thread?
http://www.hardlinecrawlers.com/forums/index.php?topic=42108.0
Spin-off, AOP Banger Tread
I don't know if any real interest hasbc been voiced :dunno:

The first race at AOP was run what you brung. the trucks were well represented .
I liked the idea of lower pay outs for more places. As was proven at both of the last races, trucks can compete with the buggies.
I hope classes work. But many fall in between. Only other idea would be tire sizes.
If you don't think you can run with the buggies, go to smaller tire class.
All I can say. If you don't even try why complain..
I ran my single seat with the hard core bouncers, I think I did very well. I also had no chance of winning. But I tried..
As for a 6 cly class. show up go to the drivers meeting and say we have 10 rigs we want to run and who knows.
Tom said that at the first race and no 6 cyls showed.
Want to rum show the interest. But you will hear the same thing my tj will not run with the buggies. Now we need 6 cly classes TOO. what a pain in the a$$
Come out show your support ,, rally your rigs and who knows.
If you can't beat a buggy then outrun your friend. put up your own 12 pack purse or side bets.. Think of it as paying for the timers and track time to keep it fair.
It is mostly to have fun.... If you are sceeerd say your skeered.
I'm here to call all ya'll out !!!! I'm gona beat it like a rented mule... some times sh!t breaks other times I roll !!! Every time I giver her hell!!! hitit

Re:

Here are the safety rules that we used in the last one.

-ALL VEHICLES MUST HAVE A FUNTIONING 4X4 DRIVETRAIN
-WE WILL RUN 1 OR 2 TIMED CRAWLS
-A 4 POINT SAFETY HARNESS SYSTEM IS REQUIRED
-FULL FACE HELMET WITH NECK BRACE IS REQUIRED
-LIMB RESTRAINTS/WINDOW NET REQUIRED FOR OPEN COCKPIT VEHICLES. PARK CAN PROVIDE LIMB RESTRAINTS
-FULL ROLL CAGE TIED TO AT LEAST 4 POINTS
-FIRE EXINGUISHER REQUIRED
-ALL OTHER PARK RULES APPLY

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

billstoy said:
The first race at AOP was run what you brung. the trucks were well represented .
I liked the idea of lower pay outs for more places. As was proven at both of the last races, trucks can compete with the buggies.
I hope classes work. But many fall in between. Only other idea would be tire sizes.
If you don't think you can run with the buggies, go to smaller tire class.
All I can say. If you don't even try why complain..
I ran my single seat with the hard core bouncers, I think I did very well. I also had no chance of winning. But I tried..
As for a 6 cly class. show up go to the drivers meeting and say we have 10 rigs we want to run and who knows.
Tom said that at the first race and no 6 cyls showed.
Want to rum show the interest. But you will hear the same thing my tj will not run with the buggies. Now we need 6 cly classes TOO. what a pain in the a$$
Come out show your support ,, rally your rigs and who knows.
If you can't beat a buggy then outrun your friend. put up your own 12 pack purse or side bets.. Think of it as paying for the timers and track time to keep it fair.
It is mostly to have fun.... If you are sceeerd say your skeered.
I'm here to call all ya'll out !!!! I'm gona beat it like a rented mule... some times sh!t breaks other times I roll !!! Every time I giver her hell!!! hitit

Hell i show up and worst case i'll sit on the side of the trail and drink beer and watch some weepow action.

Pumpkin said:
Here are the safety rules that we used in the last one.

-ALL VEHICLES MUST HAVE A FUNTIONING 4X4 DRIVETRAIN
-WE WILL RUN 1 OR 2 TIMED CRAWLS
-A 4 POINT SAFETY HARNESS SYSTEM IS REQUIRED
-FULL FACE HELMET WITH NECK BRACE IS REQUIRED
-LIMB RESTRAINTS/WINDOW NET REQUIRED FOR OPEN COCKPIT VEHICLES. PARK CAN PROVIDE LIMB RESTRAINTS
-FULL ROLL CAGE TIED TO AT LEAST 4 POINTS
-FIRE EXINGUISHER REQUIRED
-ALL OTHER PARK RULES APPLY

what trails yall using?

Re:

Race trails are normally picked a day or 2 before the race. Really depends on the weather.

Re:

Pumpkin said:
Race trails are normally picked a day or 2 before the race. Really depends on the weather.

was gonna try to prerun ha.

Where can i get a neck brace somewhat cheap?

Re:

The other 4banger races have been on both sides of the park. 70,71,57 also over on the 43,44,47. I would like to see them run 64 myself, but that one is hard to get spectators to. Although with the small numbers that have shown up for the other races, the races could have hauled all of them up to it.