• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

apparently I'm ignorant and uneducated... You might be too!!!

Ill tell you Aviation manufacture's are going to STRUGGLE and already are and have been struggling the last couple of years.

It amazed me to see the "last ditch pitch" advertising dollars thrown at the NBAA conference this year ( and this is totally my perception .... biased alot on personal dealing with a few companies there. **** reality is its the first one I have been to) with thier huge booths and big boostings of the future of thier company and big projects they are working on. Mean while the whole industry of Aviation is seeing HUGE immediate slow downs, companies shutting doors left and right and all that. I know its a cycle, but if your game aint tight its a quick death in this industry.

MUCHADO said:
Hey ninja I'm with you there I don't ever drop education card---I think it's condescending. BUT... When someone at work that's high school or less---and some dum-ass JoCo hairstylist bitch drop the "uneducated because you're voting McCain" it rubs me like revenge crabs.... I don't like it when people talk bout education anyhow because it really does not matter---when someone doesnt have it and acts like they are better than ya because of something they don't have it even rubs me wronger (I know that's not a werd)...

If you would have given that JoCo bitch the **** punt she deserved we'd all have felt better. thumb.gif

laughing1

P said:
Ill tell you Aviation manufacture's are going to STRUGGLE and already are and have been struggling the last couple of years.

It amazed me to see the "last ditch pitch" advertising dollars thrown at the NBAA conference this year ( and this is totally my perception .... biased alot on personal dealing with a few companies there. **** reality is its the first one I have been to) with thier huge booths and big boostings of the future of thier company and big projects they are working on. Mean while the whole industry of Aviation is seeing HUGE immediate slow downs, companies shutting doors left and right and all that. I know its a cycle, but if your game aint tight its a quick death in this industry.

You are going to see companies focus on cost savings to become more profitable... Some will shut doors but well-established companies will weather the storm.

P said:

Hell this happened in aviation is the 80's as well. It was the mid 90's before on single new Piper was built and something like 2000 before Cessna built any new GA aircraft. And now with all the start up companies out there the market already flooded with used aircraft that people can't unload unless they take major hits. The ones that have weathered the storm before will make it.

I agree with both of you, You know how it takes forever for a new product to actually hit the market in Aviation ( HondaJet, PiperJet etc... ) The economy **** the bed and they have already spent millions and millions of dollars and those two specific examples were designed and engineered while times were good. Now they have to sit and weather those big $$ investments and hope like hell **** turns around quick so they can get people to come off that big money for some new bling ! laughing1

MUCHADO said:
they are still in business but their production #'s are cut like mad... the air-taxi service thing is/will be a bust. Their biggest customer (DayJet) cancelled the remainder of their order. I forget what the numbers were but they are down to 4 aircraft a month and I thought it was over 20 a month they were supposed to be doing... Not to mention they can't pay suppliers but still want parts shipped ::)

Thye are not doing that good but what's strange is Cirrus is building a new jet - same market stratage as the Eclipse. It is 2 to 3 years away but they have alreay placed $25,000,000 to $27,000,000 in orders. :dunno:

I don't even want to speculate---but there's a monkey wrench in all of that---supposebly Eclipse has some big russian investor and they are going to build a plant out in Russia---so they can hit the European market :dunno:

Times are shitty for start-ups... Before the economy took a mad **** Eclipse was doomed anyhow.....

....hondajet is pimpin booyang

J.A.B said:
Thye are not doing that good but what's strange is Cirrus is building a new jet - same market stratage as the Eclipse. It is 2 to 3 years away but they have alreay placed $25,000,000 to $27,000,000 in orders. :dunno:

Yep they had it at NBAA , its a V tail . Sharp "looking" small small small aircraft. Cirrus as a company needs work god they are a pain in the ass to deal with. Probably not to the end user but as far as dealer and service center support what a pain in the ass. laughing1

MUCHADO said:
....hondajet is pimpin booyang

Yes it is, and in typical Honda fashion they have developed the **** out of that plane. Its been in the making for ever so you know it will come out and be a great option. I love the "pods" the engines sit on, easy access to both sides of the powerplant... Hellz yes, smart ! thumb.gif

yo P, since this thread's been hijacked before might as well jack it again.... I was at NBAA circa 1999?? Stayed at some ballin' resort there--all I remember/cared about was the water slides and waterfall... I didnt care about the show, my dad was werkin' the B/E booth so we had an excuse for the family to hang out in Orlando for a few days booyang

These new GA jets will end up being the new doctor / lawyer killers. Just imagine how many 300 hr private pilots out there with enough money to by one of these will be flying themselves into the ground. Trying to fly approaches down to mins at 3 times the speed they were taught.

J.A.B said:
These new GA jets will end up being the new doctor / lawyer killers. Just imagine how many 300 hr private pilots out there with enough money to by one of these will be flying themselves into the ground. Trying to fly approaches down to mins at 3 times the speed they were taught.

I dont know anything about the pilot aspect of aviation, but I agree the first thought in my mind when I saw the Cirrus jet and the V tail was " Dr Killer " laughing1

Muchado, yea the only thing I was really concerned with this year was what kind of expensive meal to eat and how much booze I could get away with and still be professional loller.gif

P said:
Muchado, yea the only thing I was really concerned with this year was what kind of expensive meal to eat and how much booze I could get away with and still be professional loller.gif

It's good to know that you still have got your priorities straight :drinkers: :drinkers: :drinkers: :drinkers: pepper.gif pepper.gif pepper.gif pepper.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif booyang booyang booyang

J.A.B said:

I'm around 500hrs. I know I wouldn't try it. I got a chance to right seat and get a landing in a Lear25. Scared the **** out of me.

P said:
I know in this forum ( not speaking directly at the "forums" we are posting ) this will go over like a whore in church, but .......

I feel like Im a fairly bright guy, I dont know the answer to everything but I do know I am capable of finding them and if my interest is peaked I will find answer's. I attribute that quality to my short time in the military, bringing out qualities in me I always had and didnt strive for. Similar to what college or " post secondary education" as you put it Rob, does for young people. It rubs me wrong though when "college background" is used in a sterotypical manner to guage peoples intellegence. I know alot of, and have came in contact with alot of people with degree's or education on paper that are dumb as **** and really didnt accomplish anything but getting that piece of paper.

Call it what you want, just one of those things that get to me personally. Probably because Im jealous that I didnt initially have the chance to "do" college the way alot of people did. That and Im to ADD to sit and listen to misc. preach before someone gets directly to the fawkin point. :flipoff1:
yeah, I didn't really read all that but I'm assuming we agree. I've met high school educated people that were fare more "educated" than college graduates, even master's holders like my wife. We educate ourselves, and its getting easier with teh tools for research we have these days. Ignorance is only an excuse of the lazy. Educated. what a ****ing joke. My piece of paper means exactly jack ****ing ****. Not because I didn't learn anything, but because of half the dumb ass mofos I went through with. there are some stupid ass people out there, and with enough money, and the dumbing down of our school system, you can get the degree. I've met a dude with a GED that I feel was more educated than me. ::)